2016 4* LB Devin Bush Jr. (Michigan commit)

RunInRed

Was in Auburn today with teammate CB Devin Gil (Miami commit) ...

AUBURN!! Visit was amazing #wareagle

628x471.jpg

@_Dbush11

Auburn 'at the top' for 4-star LB Devin Bush Jr. after Friday visit

CAkgNnWUcAA7vUi.jpg

@JHokanson

628x471.jpg

Devin Bush, ILB

Hollywood, FL (Charles W Flanagan)

Ht: 6-0 | Wt: 220

- Unofficial visit to Auburn 3/20/15

247Sports: 3* (No. 12 ILB)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 227, No. 17 ILB)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals250 - No. 136, No. 4 ILB)

Scout: 3* (No. 15 ILB)

Offers: Akron, Alabama, Auburn, Cincinnati, Duke, Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Florida State, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisville, LSU, UMass, Marshall, Miami (Fl.), Mississippi State, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Oregon. Oregon State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, South Carolina, South Florida, Temple, Troy, UCF, UCLA, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and Wisconsin, among others.

Hudl Highlights

Flanagan four-star linebacker Devin Bush Jr. — who counts NFL Hall of Famer Derrick Brooks as a mentor — has helped the “Dirty Birds” moniker his father and coach Devin Bush Sr. played under with the Atlanta Falcons’ 1998-99 Super Bowl team take flight again at Flanagan.

Bush Jr.’s physical style and ability to play multiple positions has set the tone for the Falcons, who have emerged as a state title threat in coach Bush’s second year.

http://www.miamihera...cle2209961.html

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could certainly use a talent like this!!! Please let him sign with AU!!!

He was very impressed, kinda shocked, at how much he liked AU. AU is very much in this. Going to be hard to pull from fsu but AU is going to make fsu earn this one.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just now watching his highlights for the first time and all I can say is wow. Really impressive. I'm guessing he's cooled on us since no news for a few months but I'd love it if we had a shot with this guy.

He is taking his time but Auburn is one of his top schools along with FSU.

OK, thanks. His film looks really good. He tends to wreak havoc.

No offense to anyone who has expressed their opinion or, to Gus, or CWM but what matters is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what does Mikey think?

I'm guessing he thinks we need more LBers. Just my opinion

No offense to anyone who has expressed their opinion or, to Gus, or CWM but what matters is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what does Mikey think?

Mikey Likey

I think we need to sign no fewer than three top LB prospects. Four would be better.

I think we need to sign no fewer than three top LB prospects. Four would be better.

What would your ideal '16 LB class look like?

If we're shifting to a 3-4, I completely agree that four guys should be the target. Obviously Muschamp's defense is multiple so one or two of those four need to be guys that can play upright or with a hand in the dirt. We got a couple of guys like that last year (Cowart and Holland), and we'll need to keep adding versatile hybrids, but if you're going to have four stand-up LBs on the field, we need numbers.

What would your ideal '16 LB class look like?

I'm not qualified to name names. I think an ideal class would be four guys that the coaches think have a great shot to succeed at playing LB for us.

It does get discouraging when we watch members of the group that were said our top targets slowly slide off to other schools, leaving at least the appearance that we're back to the old "If you can't get the one you love, then try to love the one you can get". Yes, we get a top target or two most years but LB is a position where there is an unusually high "disappointment rate". It seems like if you want four good ones ready to be on the field, four good prospects must be signed every year.

At some point it is up to the guys we already have to produce on the field, and for the coaches to get the most out of what we already have. We have to have something that will attract those top guys to want to come and play here.

I dream of one day opening a thread about LB's, and see Mikey talking about how awesome we are.

Will this be the year?

I dream of one day opening a thread about LB's, and see Mikey talking about how awesome we are.

Will this be the year?

Your avatar says it all.... =)

Will this be the year?

I'd like for this to be the year, but I'm thinking THE YEAR is at least one away. I'm an optimist so I'm hoping for 2016, even if '17 is more likely.

Archived