More concept helments

TennTiger

I see where al.com has another article with about 15 new helmet designs. I do not why they waste time on this since we already have perfection with our helmet now. I say send these to the turds and let them have them all.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/03/check_out_these_concept_helmet_1.html

I don't know -- the one with the oversized AU doesn't look half-bad. It seems that alternate uniforms/helmets are becoming the norm. At some point ... (not blasphemy) ... maybe AU can adopt attractive new uniform/helmet designs. I say turn Underarmor loose & see what they can come up with. It won't cost anything to look.

Well the peanut gallery doesn't like anything different when it comes to AU football so we'll never see anything interesting for at least a game.

I'd also like to discuss orange facemasks, stadium expansion, bench press #'s and whether a player is fat or not please. :) #offseason

Some of the colors aren't even auburn colors. Gray and light blue?

3, 4, 7, And 9 if navy blue, look good.

First vote would be "don't mess with what ain't broke". Then 16, 3, &7. Hey, I do like that scheme \ look and I love AU, so it isn't much of a stretch...

I'd also like to discuss orange facemasks, stadium expansion, bench press #'s and whether a player is fat or not please. :) #offseason

Fat Players? Football players need some weight so they don't fall down every time someone gets close to tackling them. Believe me, I have seen some so-called Fat guys that could really run. Just cause someone is beefed up doesn't mean they are necessarily slow. I wouldn't want to be stopping a 260+ runaway freight-train.

On the other side, I have seen slow non-fat people when it came to running. So weight isn't the only major factor when it comes to running.

Yes, I saw the thread where somebody pointed a finger at a certain player. Can't believe anyone would do such a thing.

There is one I find interesting, and it's because of the facemask. The blue helmet with the shadow tiger stripes has a facemask that's also tiger-like (orange and white, mostly). It's actually pretty subtle, and I wouldn't mind a switch for a special game. I mean a switch to these facemasks on our current helmet.

God those are awful. The only one that looks ok is the helmet with the orange AU instead of blue(think it's the 4th). The helmets we wore for the 2007 Vandy debacle weren't terrible.

While I would never want to permanently change our unis, some of those would be awesome to see on occasion. Players would like it too.

I'd also like to discuss orange facemasks, stadium expansion, bench press #'s and whether a player is fat or not please. :)/> #offseason

Fat Players? Football players need some weight so they don't fall down every time someone gets close to tackling them. Believe me, I have seen some so-called Fat guys that could really run. Just cause someone is beefed up doesn't mean they are necessarily slow. I wouldn't want to be stopping a 260+ runaway freight-train.

On the other side, I have seen slow non-fat people when it came to running. So weight isn't the only major factor when it comes to running.

Yes, I saw the thread where somebody pointed a finger at a certain player. Can't believe anyone would do such a thing.

Hey, some fat guys can run! Pat Dye had a guy named Ron Oneal who would flat run over you and once he got in the open field he could go! I wonder what ever happened to him? He was fun to watch! I think he played RB in 1981-82.

The Tiger Eyes logo is great, although looks kinda crazy on the helmet with that design. Maybe not as LARGE

4, 6 and 16. I think the silver Eagle is ausome! Keep it like it is but maybe once a year surprise me

Agreed. Keep things the same authentic uniform, but breakout something different once a year. Maybe against UGa or UAt.

I'm ok with one game but it shouldn't be either of those two.

Archived