Is CRG on the clock

AuburnSpider

If Rocker was at AU and Garner was still at UGA, would the recruiting results look way different or about the same? Seems like the home school has some inherent advantages that are hard to overcome. Rocker and Pruitt have definitely stepped up UGA's recruiting efforts. I still wonder who AU could get who would be a better option than RG.

Like a fungus..another questionable CRG thread pops up. Gets no credit for Dee Ford, Lawson or DLINE play in 2013...gets all the blame for dline play last season without his best two pash rushers. All this while operating with an out of date DC in Ellis. IMO RG and Rock are similar - 13 seconds separates the two. I find it ironic CRG gets blamed for all of of UGA's defensive failures but gets zero credit for the success UGA had since he was there. He could have retired at UGA but chose to come home to AU, and in two years has coached one all freshman sec player, and a first round draft pick, not to mention his recruiting success. Muschamp kept him for a reason.

Like a fungus..another questionable CRG thread pops up. Gets no credit for Dee Ford, Lawson or DLINE play in 2013...gets all the blame for dline play last season without his best two pash rushers. All this while operating with an out of date DC in Ellis. IMO RG and Rock are similar - 13 seconds separates the two. I find it ironic CRG gets blamed for all of of UGA's defensive failures but gets zero credit for the success UGA had since he was there. He could have retired at UGA but chose to come home to AU, and in two years has coached one all freshman sec player, and a first round draft pick, not to mention his recruiting success. Muschamp kept him for a reason.

Bingo. Well said.

I'm not knowledgable enough to comment on specifics about the Rocker/Garner situation, but I do know good players (recruiting efforts) make a good coaches look great. And Garner was having to put the MLB and a damn SAFETY at DE just to hope there would be some sort of outside rush.

That being said, I'm not sure how he's doing on the recruiting front, which is roughly half the reason why he was hired at AU in the first place.

Didn't Garner get good results with his D linemen when he was at Georgia? I think judging him based off his success off of one year is a bit ridiculous.

Recruiting the DL is a joint effort between the DL coach and the DC. Sleepy Ellis wasn't much help to Garner when he brought in a recruit to close the deal. But in spite of that, Garner still got us some very good players. Muschamp is on an entirely different level than the previous DC and is a much better partner for his assistants in recruiting. That will help, a lot. But Garner on the clock ? Uh no, no more or no less than anybody else.

As far as getting several top defensive recruits every year there is this. If you want to attract elite defensive recruits year after year then consistently put the results on the field. Notice the RBs, WRs and OL men we are able to recruit on offense ? That's how Gus does it, by demonstrating offensive prowess. So, along with having great recruiters, that is what we also have to do on defense, show results. Absent that, the potential based off of the last coaching stop can be used but that only buys 1 or maybe 2 years for the new D coaches.

The fact is we are right in the middle of and competing with the State schools of Georgia, Louisiana and Alabama so the team has to perform. When it comes to Georgia, as long as they have decent defensive teams, it is a given that they will have the initial advantage for in-state recruits. We overcome that with the kind of defensive results that will attract several elite D recruits to AU year after year.

Can you drink PBR from a Sippy-Cup, and still retain some semblance of manhood?

Drinking PBR's from anything is showing your manhood

speaking of showing your manhood, I was at the urologist yesterday...

Fun and games were had by all!

Drinking PBR's front anything is showing your manhood

Dixie, I bet you looked forward to that trip....

out of curiosity, what percentage of the UGA recruited DLs RG brought in were GA natives? Sometimes the state school is appeal enough, with OTF results putting them over the top. Honest question. I really like CRG, and am not a fan of the "witch hunt". WDE

Drinking PBR's from anything is showing your manhood

TMI

Archived