Jimmy "Red" Phillips dies

cooltigger21

I am probably one of the few on here that actyally got to see him play. What a great athlete and a great unassuming person to boot. The other end, Jerry Wilson, was fraternity bro back then and was good enough in his own right to play in the pros and did play for the Philadelphia Eagles but Red Phillips was in a class by himself. Auburn has lost one of its greatest. RIP Jimmy and WDE!!!

I am probably one of the few on here that actyally got to see him play. What a great athlete and a great unassuming person to boot. The other end, Jerry Wilson, was fraternity bro back then and was good enough in his own right to play in the pros and did play for the Philadelphia Eagles but Red Phillips was in a class by himself. Auburn has lost one of its greatest. RIP Jimmy and WDE!!!

Well said slammer.

Well said slammer.

Agree. Prayers for the Family.

Archived