The player I think comes out of nowhere in 2015 is...

Dixie1860

Devaroe Lawrence: If you saw him two years ago, you would not recognize him if he was right in front of you. He is front and center taking reps in practice, and have seen him mentioned several times by Staff. It isn't likely he starts with Adams and Russell taking those spots, but I can see him being in the rotation early.

What say you guys? It is way too quiet this week, and I have been itching to see Lawrence this year. Garner was really high on him, and Rodney has been known to find guys others missed. I think he winds up being a big deal for us over the next two years.

Thoughts? And who do you guys think comes "out of nowhere"...?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trey Williams. He was a 5* recruit and he's at a position of serious need. I was surprised that he didn't put one of the returners on the bench last year. As a soph, it's his time to make his move.

Wade Christopher...except he's so good, nowhere comes out of him.

There's another Wade Christopher on the team in Prince Tega. I heard he's already leading the team in sacks without actually being enrolled yet and while still on crutches with one year total football experience.

Well I would have said Russell, I said he would be good last year but he's getting alot of praise right now. Guess I'm going to go with Thornton and Colbert on defense and Burton on offense.

I guess "out of nowhere" sounds weird considering those of us who follow recruiting at all knows who the guys are. Devaroe has already seen real life, beyond football. He has gotten a second chance at making something out of his ability to play the game. Even if that just means a Degree, and a chance at a career of his choosing, he has succeeded. So, I'm pulling for him regardless.

Marcus Davis. He had only 13 catches last year and all of the WR attention has been on Duke, Sammie, and Ricardo, but he's got great hands and could thrive if teams put all of their focus on Duke.

The tough part is "coming out of nowhere" because a lot of guys have played and shown what they CAN do, thus not fitting the criteria. I'll say Pettway on offense and Irvin on defense.

As far as who matches their hype, I think Jovon can.

I am going to suggest whomever our next punter is....that is literally coming out of nowhere...

+1

Archived