Obamacare cost to taxpayer $50,000 for every person covered

cooltigger21

Give me one good reason someone might not support Obamacare.

Spread the wealth. It works in 2015.

We could have just bought all the uninsured a policy and saved a whole lot of money and then the rest of us actually could have kept our doctor and our plan.

There were many that made almost this exact case when the lies were being told and this load of camel dung was being forced on America. They were dismissed as, of all things, racists...

This is according to figures released by the CBO. On top of that it still leaves some 30 million uninsured Americans. Yep that's a real success story. http://www.dailymail...get-report.html

A lot of that money made its way to the hated private insurances companies and government contractors. Then there all those new IRS employees helping to grow the federal government bigger and with more control.

This is according to figures released by the CBO. On top of that it still leaves some 30 million uninsured Americans. Yep that's a real success story. http://www.dailymail...get-report.html

A lot of that money made its way to the hated private insurances companies and government contractors. Then there all those new IRS employees helping to grow the federal government bigger and with more control.

It was never about helping the uninsured. It was pointed out when this thing was proposed that it still left a lot of people uninsured. The chaos that has ensued was by design. Make it unwieldy and hard to figure out. Let those EVIL insurance companies get a lot more money and then have the people rise up and demand the federal govt. fix it. Then in steps uncle sam and gets rid of private insurance and just takes over the whole thing. Barry himself said at a union function, back in 2007 I think, that getting to universal health care had to be done in steps. This was the first step to doing just that. That's been the ultimate dream for liberals going back to FDR and maybe even to Wilson. I get their lust for this but I don't get the idea that some conservatives or moderates that think that's a good idea.

I am going to say this now and i know i will get pelted by some here.

I am recovering from surgery now, over the last 7 weeks.

I am out so much money on copays etc that i am somewhere near $5K.

Prior to the enactment of ACA, i had a wonderful insurance plan. A Platinum Plus Plan. It is gone. The lie that is/was "If you like your plan you can keep your plan" has destroyed my insurance plan. My savings is now gone. I am decidedly less well off financially because of my illness.

BUT, if all this means that others, less well employed than me are finally getting covered, then i am alright with it in the long run. I have very dear friends that i worked with in the past and they essentially only have a catastrophic coverage plan. The next surgery they get will bankrupt them, or they will lose their home, etc.

The ACA is a mess. It is a real big mess. BUT, the fix is gonna mean everyone grow up and shut up.

THE FIX: Just convert all the plans into Medicare. Folks, it is the simplest, best, way to get everyone on board, covered and contributing.

Flail away...

Prior to the enactment of ACA, i had a wonderful insurance plan. A Platinum Plus Plan. It is gone. The lie that is/was "If you like your plan you can keep your plan" has destroyed my insurance plan. My savings is now gone. I am decidedly less well off financially because of my illness.

BUT, if all this means that others, less well employed than me are finally getting covered, then i am alright with it in the long run. I have very dear friends that i worked with in the past and they essentially only have a catastrophic coverage plan. The next surgery they get will bankrupt them, or they will lose their home, etc.

The ACA is a mess. It is a real big mess. BUT, the fix is gonna mean everyone grow up and shut up.

THE FIX: Just convert all the plans into Medicare. Folks, it is the simplest, best, way to get everyone on board, covered and contributing.

Flail away...

wow... I'm shocked. I haven't actually gotten all the way there yet in terms of single payer. However, there is some good and some bad with ACA. Overall, like you, I agree that it was a good thing. Changes still need to be made. I have one friend who got coverage on the exchange, she didn't really use it, but said she and her husband make just enough money to not qualify for the subsidies so it's a big hit. Her solution was not to change the level of who get subsidized, but rather allow a tax deduction for the premium costs which just gives those folks the same tax benefit someone with employer sponsored coverage receives. I am all for this and would help with the "hits" some are receiving.

Flail away...

dkw, i am sorry for your medical and financial conditions. I don't pretend to understand the specifics of this act. My coverage didn't change much at all. My part increased like it has at times in the past. My question is this, did the insurance premiums and coverages have to get worse because of this act or is it just the insurers excuse?

I think that the purpose of the ACA was to get the government more involved in healthcare, not to help the uninsured or improve the quality of care or reduce costs.

I think that the purpose of the ACA was to get the government more involved in healthcare, not to help the uninsured or improve the quality of care or reduce costs.

Year right. This is the same basic plan that was created by Heritage foundation a few years back. It bends over backwards to keep private insurance companies in the loop.

It allowed me to obtain insurance which the private market would not.

And why would the Government want to be involved with the healthcare industry if not to benefit people who otherwise cannot obtain or afford insurance and to ultimately manage costs?

ACA is not the single payer we were all told would be so bad.

ACA is a version of RomneyCare, The same RomneyCare Gruber the Goober helped write and implement, and is what those on the Right advocated at several times, in some modestly different ways in the past.

NOW, having said all that, ACA was implemented with a sledge hammer and chainsaw on Christmas Eve when everyone was asleep.

The Feds completely screwed up on what should have been a moderately complicated Web Portal.

What we got was a $50M portal that cost somewhere WAY OVER $800M.

The Insurance Companies & Drug Companies got sweetheart deals on the lines of "Too Big to Fail."

We have problems with how it was written, implemented, and managed.

Fix it and lets move on to the next issue.

The only way to make this "FAIR" is to make it Medicare V.2 for everyone and make everyone pay the taxes.

Solves all the problems with financing and with having to overpay to cover the uninsured while at the hospital.

We take the govt out of any management of any healthcare industry piece anywhere. The govt simply pays and monitors payments.

Archived