Tennessee Basketball Coach Fired

Weegle777

Here's what I heard on Nashville Radio this morning.

Can't see it happening.

UT only has $1.7M in reserve

BP buyout is $5M

PTB still in place that didn't want to hire BP the first time

At least 4 other incidents where BP wasn't forthcoming with the athletic powers

BP certainly hasn't been shy about how much he loved his time there, but I don't think UT will pony up $5M just for the buyout.

I hope whenever he leaves AU he feels even more fondly about his time here than he did at UT. It seems to me he really put his heart and soul into his job at UT and I hope there are enough tangible results with our program with him at the helm that make him look at his tenure at AU like he looks at his tenure at UT (minus the NCAA violations lol).

And also give him the feeling that he's succeeding in building something, because I think he seems to enjoy that aspect of coaching.

IF and I said IF Bruce is thinking about leaving Auburn after just one year, he'll have mud, egg and other things all over his face after he kept telling the media that "I'M BAAAACK."

Pathetic.

Saw elsewhere that they were up to $15 this afternoon.

Looks like Vols fans have started a GoFundMe page to buy out Pearl's contract at Auburn. Lol.

http://www.foxsports...contract-032815

Pathetic.

Saw elsewhere that they were up to $15 this afternoon.

$15...as in...$15.00?

giphy.gif

Apparently....even Vol fans are not stupid enough to send money to some website fund.....but a good try I guess.

I wonder if they might try to go sign Barnes. He had some good years at Texas. Wouldn't be a bad choice. Somebody will get him.

Barnes still has some good years left in him...but I don't see bama taking a UTx cast-off...not much to get the alums or students fired up with a guy like him.

BP has set a high standard for "out front" marketing of the program....JMO but going to be a tough job for whoever takes the bama slot trying to compete for face time in the state media.

I wonder if they might try to go sign Barnes. He had some good years at Texas. Wouldn't be a bad choice. Somebody will get him.

Barnes still has some good years left in him...but I don't see bama taking a UTx cast-off...not much to get the alums or students fired up with a guy like him.

BP has set a high standard for "out front" marketing of the program....JMO but going to be a tough job for whoever takes the bama slot trying to compete for face time in the state media.

Actually I was thinking about Tennessee taking him. You're probably right about Bama not going after him.

Actually I was thinking about Tennessee taking him. You're probably right about Bama not going after him.

Nah....UTk idiots are raising money to buy BP from us... :)

Archived