Is Tennessee coming for CBP?

jj3jordan

NO., IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Bruce Pearl is NOT leaving Auburn. friends don't equate Tennessee administration...

OP, your friends in Memphis may be for it, until they have to write a big check to UT to enable it to hire BP. UT has serious financial problems.

No, and how much money they do or don't have is not part of the issue. When a preposterous idea is floated, apply some common sense.

No, and how much money they do or don't have is not part of the issue. When a preposterous idea is floated, apply some common sense.

common sense is inappropriate on a discussion forum. You should know that the more preposterous a rumor the more legs it has.

well then explain to the board the issue.

Bruce Pearl is going to build us into a powerhouse and become THE legend of AU BB. Years from now, your kids won't believe there was ever a time that AU wasn't a perennial NCAA tourney participant. He will be a legend and our BB arena will bear his name.

Write it down.

Guess you don't have the common sense he said to apply lol

Do you own research for the details but the "issue" is that BP lied to the NCAA and lied to his bosses at UTk and made them all look bad. At most places that is good enough to keep a person from being re-hired after having been fired.

And perhaps "issue" #2 is that JJ stuck his neck out and hired BP while the "show cause" was still in effect and gave him a chance to get back in the big time. JMO, but only a truly inconsiderate, ungrateful ba***** would bail out after a year....and I don't think that describes BP.

Do you own research for the details but the "issue" is that BP lied to the NCAA and lied to his bosses at UTk and made them all look bad. At most places that is good enough to keep a person from being re-hired after having been fired.

And perhaps "issue" #2 is that JJ stuck his neck out and hired BP while the "show cause" was still in effect and gave him a chance to get back in the big time. JMO, but only a truly inconsiderate, ungrateful ba***** would bail out after a year....and I don't think that describes BP.

I don't agree with you very much, but I whole-heartedly agree with your post here.

War Eagle!!

Bruce Pearl is going to build us into a powerhouse and become THE legend of AU BB. Years from now, your kids won't believe there was ever a time that AU wasn't a perennial NCAA tourney participant. He will be a legend and our BB arena will bear his name.

Write it down.

Damn right. I can't wait.

Guess you don't have the common sense he said to apply lol

Maybe not. He stated what is not the issue; so, I wanted to know what he thought the issue was. I tend to think the money is the issue....

Tennessee, from the fans to the Athletic department, would love to have Pearl back. They only fired Pearl because the NCAA forced their hand, so don't think they have no love for Pearl.

Tennessee, from the fans to the Athletic department, would love to have Pearl back. They only fired Pearl because the NCAA forced their hand, so don't think they have no love for Pearl.

I've heard their AD, Dave Hart, doesn't care to have him back(based on the NCAA infraction). That in itself should end the absurdity.

Hart said a coach with NCAA baggage would not be considered for the Vols’ job moving forward.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/03/27/donnie-tyndall-fired-dave-hart-tennessee-athletics

Take that how you will. Pearl won't be leaving for UT anytime soon.

AU64 explained it for me. Just back up a few posts and read his explanation again.

There has been a lot of buzz about the money. We will donate the entire amount collected if it is under $5M to the charity of Coach Pearl's choosing.

How embarrassing, instead of offering to donate that money to help recruit another elite basketball coach for Tennessee, some Tennessee fans would rather send it to a charity named by Pearl, an SEC adversariel foe.

Could have done a lot worse IMO...and I expected them to do so. The guy they just canned seemed to have UTk moving in the right direction ....and I guess Barnes will keep them moving forward.

Archived