Baseball vs Mississippi State- Game 3

Well...got out of that mess....got away with 3 walks...that's pretty rare.

MSU breaks their scoring drought....HR to right...If this is a typical Sunday game, there will be more of these by both teams before the day is over.

Rentz has 50 pitches in less than two full innings...gonna be a short day for him at this rate. Who would be next for long relief?

Wow...that was a short outing....but better to do it now before things get out of hand.

Very nice play by Nulph...ball to deep short and a strong throw to get out of the inning with no more damage.

Keegan Thompson ties the game with a HR over the LF wall...not batting much this year since he is mostly sticking with pitching but that got out very nicely to tie the game. Only his fifth time at bat this season.

Ball game. Couldn't hit. 3-1 MSU. Tigers back in action Tuesday at Samford.

two weak hitting teams struggling to get runs across the plate.....all three games.

Took 2 out of 3 on the road. Better then nothing

No question about that...just left me with concerns about the coming games...Wed and the weekend. Don't think we are over the hump yet...but that's why they play them.

No question about that...just left me with concerns about the coming games...Wed and the weekend. Don't think we are over the hump yet...but that's why they play them.

I agree completely

I have the same concerns but I guess we'll have to hope for improvement.

A&M - 0 of 3

Vandy - 1 of 3

MSU - 2 of 3

How is that not improvement? You guys make me laugh.

Yeah...that's a great trend OK...and by middle April we will be winning 4 out of 3.

As for the team, it seems to be getting better but the variation in level of competition makes it tough to tell....which is why we will know more in a month.... Mostly IMO, continued progress depends on whether our 3 starters are able to get by without injury since there does not seem to be much depth there.

But they do look good enough to make the SEC tourney this year...and probably the 64 team playoff....that would be very nice.

I agree on the pitching front. I am certain that's why the quick hook yesterday (a couple of times). I am still confident that Holliday can do the job with those guys.

The everyday lineup is solid with Gray at 2B and Haecker at 3B. I believe the obvious need to let Thompson hit will also have him at DH more often.

Archived