For your enjoyment.

WarDamnEagleWDE

SHOCKER: AUBURN PURSUING ANOTHER PLAYER WITH A CRIMINAL PAST

Auburn University’s football program is at it again. The Tiggers are once again actively pursuing a criminal for their football team.

READ AN UPDATE TO THIS STORY HERE.

Thug U. may soon be the new home for Jonathan Taylor, the former Georgia defensive lineman kicked out of the Bulldog program after being arrested and charged with aggravated assault/family violence.

Taylor is in junior college now, and while second chances aren’t anything new in college football, the number of castoffs (if not criminals) finding sanctuary at Auburn is downright humorous.

We all remember Cam Newton who was suspected of stealing a laptop at the University of Florida, only to flee to junior college and emerge wearing orange and blue.

Of course, current Auburn QB Nick Marshall did the same, suspected of stealing from teammates while at Georgia. After a brief stint in JUCO, ta-dah! Tiggers, you gotcha a QB.

One of the latest castoffs was former Georgia defensive back Tray Matthews, charged last spring with “theft by deception.” Matthews accepted an offer to play for Gussy Malzahn, and now wears orange and blue.

The bottom line is, Auburn will go after any criminal they think will help their second tier, hayseed program. And if you could measure the prayers sent up when Jameis Winston was under legal fire…any of the times…you could bet most of them came from our orange and blue clad little brothers. They know the drill.

There’s nothing illegal about the serial practice of going after criminals. It’s just comical how often Auburn does it. And even more comical how delusional their cult, err, fan base is about the wholesomeness of that program.

Auburn has no shame. And come on…it’s just funny.

http://capstonerepor...7e4oj8QyKsg1.99

I wonder what he posted when he signed with Bama. Probably something along the lines of "Generous Saban gives troubled youth a second chance at success" or "Saban takes teenager with a tough past under his wing"

Cute. The little juvenile slams (e.g., Tiggers, Thug U.Gussy Malzahn) really bolster his argument. The funny thing is most of these guys we give second chances to seem to stay out of trouble while at Auburn, but I guess that's because the local authorities are in cahoots with the university to cover up their criminal behavior.

The "update" is nothing but a story about how many bamzos are leaving early for the NFL draft. Don't look for them to even acknowledge Taylor's issue at UAT.

I don't care if they comment on it or not. The irony of the whole story is enough for me.

They tried to say Auburn is always going after guys with questionable pasts. But today on ESPN's College Football Home Page, the TOP TWO headlines are stories about BAMA FOOTBALL PLAYERS being arrested.

Lets take it one step further. One of the stories discussing Bama players arrested is about the exact same player they accuse Auburn for recruiting. Bama chose not only to recruit him, but did not cease recruiting him after the Ray Rice situation, and wanted him bad enough to actually sign him. Not to mention, the Grantland article discussing how bad Bama dropped the ball on this recruitment, has no mention of Auburn as Bama's recruiting competition. They listed LSU and Miss St, even though we know AU was looking at him.

The fact that their writers are squirming behind their desks today at how the Taylor situation played is enough for me. They are certainly embarrassed. I hope somebody tweets them a link to this article every day until football season starts.

Edit: 5PM EST --> The Bama stories are 2 of the top 4 stories now today, instead of the top 2 stories as they were listed this morning. LOL

I wonder what he posted when he signed with Bama. Probably something along the lines of "Generous Saban gives troubled youth a second chance at success" or "Saban takes teenager with a tough past under his wing"

His post after he signed was to ignore it. He was called out by others, as well as myself. He never responded, just like he never responded when questioned about DJ Fluker by me. He supposedly is In the Know, but he is I don't have a clue, never did, and never will. That site is pure trash. He actually posted an article about it today, and said it was no different than us taking Cam or Nick. Only a moron would believe that, but then again that is most of his UA readers. I am glad I no longer post on there, but it is fun to get under their skin.

• 2 weeks later...

The funny thing is how minor the offenses are that got the AU players in trouble. They would not have needed a second chance if they had gone to Bama because their transgressions would have been ignored.

Archived