Water Cooler Story...

DKW 86

Yes, I did it...A few weeks ago, My Lovely Bride came into the house with one of those "University Hyundai of Decatur" mailers. Now, I dont play with the junk mail in my life, i just dont. Kim however went along with the game and played her "poker chip." Well, she seemed to have hit the big one. She got the Number on the Poker Chip to match the number under the scratch off and...well it said we "won" $10K. Now, me being the over educated cynic that i am, talked her into not taking it seriously. Afterall we all get these crazy auto dealer mailers all the time dont we? How many have we thrown away in our lifetimes? Well, just to placate Kim i said i would call and check on the award status. You see, i am home on temporary disability from work and have plenty of time on my hands. Well, with PT, Doctor's visits, etc i just plain old forgot to call. Just in case you didnt pick up on it, i did not take it seriously, AT ALL. Was i going to have to buy a car or something? Right? Well, turns out i finally did call. Kim in fact did win $10K from the drawing! ...ONLY I CALLED TOO LATE. The contest was over! I just manned up and told my dear wife the truth. She did take it well FOR HER IDIOT HUSBAND LEAVING $10K on the table... Did i tell you I am home on Short Term Disability drawing only a partial paycheck? Not like we couldnt use the money...But like a dummy, I just didnt think it could be real, and maybe didnt think God couldnt use a mailer contest to bless us with some cash that we sorely need.

So, Ladies & Gentlemen, please, take the time to pay attention to the details. You just never know when a real blessing is waiting right there on your kitchen table...for two weeks...a week past the deadline...READ THE DANG DETAILS! And have faith that great things can happen to you. I dropped the ball, and if i can get just a few others to pay attention to the details, then maybe my loss wont be as bad as it is tonite...

10866074_10203283013991080_9098018719652409936_o.jpg

11080564_10203283014071082_4624771737285059253_o.jpg

11082347_10203283013391065_8472408431958402245_o.jpg

On a somewhat unrelated note, I'd suggest looking at Hyundai if you end up car shopping. I went to test drive a Genesis Coupe, and ended up checking everything while there. Their evolution in quality is quite impressive.

I imagine that stings DKW. i have probably done the same thing except i didnt call to check on it. No way i could openly admit it like this. :brickwall: i never believe any of that junk from auto dealers either. Strik9, you gotta go with a Toyota.

GM has done the same thing with their SUV's. A 4WD loaded Tahoe is priced with the Mercedes GL450. While they have improved their build quality, they're still not even playing the same sport as Mercedes.

on a completely unrelated note, the new ad on the screen is "Oasis water coolers."

That blows DKW, I probably would have said "what's the catch" and never even played.

They are pricey. You get the best product on the market, period.

Toyota has no equivalent to the Genesis Coupe. The closest they have is the Scion FR-S, which has a pathetic joke in it's engine bay.

Sounds like something I might do. I throw them away most of the time.

Toyota has no equivalent to the Genesis Coupe. The closest they have is the Scion FR-S, which has a pathetic joke in it's engine bay.

I am not familiar the the Genesis. By pathetic joke, are you referring to power?

I am not familiar the the Genesis. By pathetic joke, are you referring to power?

Yes. 200hp and 150lb torque is inexcusable in a modern performance car of any sort. That doesn't when get me started on the joke of an interior it has. A Genesis Coupe R-Spec is the same price, faster, and nicer. It also doesn't feature a N/A Subaru engine.

Yes. 200hp and 150lb torque is inexcusable in a modern performance car of any sort. That doesn't when get me started on the joke of an interior it has. A Genesis Coupe R-Spec is the same price, faster, and nicer. It also doesn't feature a N/A Subaru engine.

scion is the lesser of toyota lines. i grew out of performance cars. Quality, comfort and value are my things now. I work for the company and see the dedication to quality.

Toyota seats just don't work well for me as they are very uncomfortable. I prefer Honda or Acura...I am also not looking for a high performance car as my Honda can go over the speed limit if needed and is very comfortable. I do wish other manufacturers would make a miata like car that would be fun to drive like my old MGB was. I just don't think the miata is that good looking....If there was one that was affordable, I think I would get one for the fun of it...just to drive around every so often...

Toyota seats just don't work well for me as they are very uncomfortable. I prefer Honda or Acura...I am also not looking for a high performance car as my Honda can go over the speed limit if needed and is very comfortable. I do wish other manufacturers would make a miata like car that would be fun to drive like my old MGB was. I just don't think the miata is that good looking....If there was one that was affordable, I think I would get one for the fun of it...just to drive around every so often...

I guess I am the soccer dad of the forum. I drive a Toyota Sienna.

Same here. I have the black SE just like this one.

58428183.jpg

honda/ Acura are solid cars too. We just sold an 05 Lexus. And got a new Highlander(wife) IF you ever drive a Lexus, you will be spoiled. Like the highlander, it's just not a Lexus. I always have a Camry for my main transportation, not new though. Got a z71 too, wish I could afford a tundra, resale value sky high.

58428183.jpg

we only have two kids. My wife would not be caught dead in a mini van.

58428183.jpg

Hey! It's a swagger wagon. Lol.

Swagger Wagon ft. Busta Rhymes | 2015 Sienna | Toyota:

58428183.jpg

My wife said the same thing until I pressed the button and our 3 year old twins loaded themselves. Good stereo system too!

OH MY!!! I have never seen this but this video is definitely getting played next the wife and I are in the "Swagger Wagon". I am pumping up the volume for this one.

If she does not push me out while driving down the highway I will let you know how it turns out.

If Kim hadnt done it, i wouldnt have even known. I refuse to deal with junk mail. I trash it before i even look at it.

And just oh btw, we are Mazda folks. Kim drives a 3i and the family hauler is a 5 Touring.

My truck was a B4000 until it was totaled by a guy in Hartselle one nite.

I got a great deal on a F-150.

If Kim hadnt done it, i wouldnt have even known. I refuse to deal with junk mail. I trash it before i even look at it.

Thanks to you I have to rethink my junk mail policy now.

OH MY!!! I have never seen this but this video is definitely getting played next the wife and I are in the "Swagger Wagon". I am pumping up the volume for this one.

If she does not push me out while driving down the highway I will let you know how it turns out.

Ha! Have seen this one? Where my kids at? SWAGGER WAGON | Toyota:

Ha! Have seen this one? Where my kids at? SWAGGER WAGON | Toyota:

LoL. I don't do sweaters but guilty as charged to the dress up tea party thing.

Lamby makes some mean tea and Elsa is really funny once she warms up.

This is in line with things I have been studying lately. Simply put we have such things come up in our lives all the time. The question is do we see them and act on them? It may not be a $10,000 award but opportunities for us are out there just waiting for us to see them and take action on.

Archived