TJ Davis Torn ACL

Weegle777

I'm a little surprised they're holding out hope for Davis to return in the fall. I certainly hope he does, but that seems unlikely IMO.

I'm a little surprised they're holding out hope for Davis to return in the fall. I certainly hope he does, but that seems unlikely IMO.

It'll be the Lawson thing again. Gus is never going to say the actual truth to the press. It's like people don't realize torn ACL's keep you out for 10-12 months.

Man, that's really a rough break for TJ. Has TJ already been redshirted? if not, maybe he'll be redshirted and come back in 2016.

Man, that's really a rough break for TJ. Has TJ already been redshirted? if not, maybe he'll be redshirted and come back in 2016.

He redshirted his freshman year.

He can apply for a medical redshirt, which would give him a sixth year. These requests are usually granted when there is a legitimate injury.

He can apply for a medical redshirt, which would give him a sixth year. These requests are usually granted when there is a legitimate injury.

As I understand it, the 6th year is only granted if the original redshirt year was also due to injury.

As I understand it, the 6th year is only granted if the original redshirt year was also due to injury.

I don't think so.

I was really hoping that TJ Davis would be one of those players that came out of nowhere to be a standout in the secondary under new coach Tavarius Robinson & Will Muschamp. He really has the natural size and length to be a great DB!

I don't think so.

I was going off a memory of something I read. After googling a little, I learned the rule is that both missed years must be "for reasons beyond the student-athlete's and the institution's control." Injury is the most common reason. It would seem the NCAA has not been entirely consistent on this, but just needing extra time to develop or to get academics under control are often not deemed beyond one's control.

I don't think so.

I was going off a memory of something I read. After googling a little, I learned the rule is that both missed years must be "for reasons beyond the student-athlete's and the institution's control." Injury is the most common reason. It would seem the NCAA has not been entirely consistent on this, but just needing extra time to develop or to get academics under control are often not deemed beyond one's control.

That's odd. I was going off the fact that we've had at least one guy that was redshirted his freshman year, without injury. Then he got injured later and was granted a sixth year. The name escapes me at the moment. Perhaps "not entirely consistent" is the operative term here? :)

Archived