Nude bras are racist

cooltigger21

I've always wondered if it bothered black people that the default color for band aids was a peach tone like white people's skin. I'm guessing that's a yes.

People get angry about this?

People need to be excited about the business opportunities, if it's an actual problem then supply that need and rake in the cash.

People need to be excited about the business opportunities, if it's an actual problem then supply that need and rake in the cash.

And this is the other thing I wondered....why aren't there band aids that are the shade of black people's skin? Business opportunity!

And this is the other thing I wondered....why aren't there band aids that are the shade of black people's skin? Business opportunity!

There are. And if you're really particular to matching skin tone... there are clear ones.

Mark that down as another win for Jesse.

That makes too much sense. These are people that are perpetually angry and offended and they want to make everyone else as miserable as they are. They don't look at a situation like this as an opportunity. It would never occur to them for someone to fill a niche and have a nice business.

They have been making band aids different colors and with designs for many years. If for no other reason than to get little kids to wear them.

People pick all manner of things to claim as racist. When I was in Germany in the 1970s black ice caused lots of nighttime car accidents. A black american soldier claimed the use of the word black for this dangerous ice condition was racist and armed forces radio should not use it.

I've always wondered if it bothered black people that the default color for band aids was a peach tone like white people's skin. I'm guessing that's a yes.

I won't speak for all black people, because people are individuals. As a black man I have wondered the same thing when I was younger. As I grew older and matured (to some respect ;)), I reasoned if it was that important to us as black people we would make "our own" band aids. But when you look at the purpose of why it was created, it does its job regardless of a person's race.

In other words, you notice it but it's not that important. A rose is rose, no matter what color it is.

Lol. Stupid OU writer. Should do more research.

Victoria secret calls them Mocha, Sweet Amaretto, and Kona Coffee and a company did take advantage of the opportunity. The band aids are made by Urban Armour, so someone did there also.

All you got here is a single OU kid, trying to write some controversial piece and thinking he is being a critical thinker (like all college kids in journalism, even the ones at the Plainsmen), that most likely got little traffic but has now resurfaced thanks to the "you might like" features of the web and the current fraternity situation at OU. Probably why it has more comments in March of 2015 than it does from back in Sept when it first was released and is probably getting more circulation now than it previously did also.

All you got here is a single OU kid, trying to write some controversial piece and thinking he is being a critical thinker (like all college kids in journalism, even the ones at the Plainsmen), that most likely got little traffic but has now resurfaced thanks to the "you might like" features of the web and the current fraternity situation at OU. Probably why it has more comments in March of 2015 than it does from back in Sept when it first was released and is probably getting more circulation now than it previously did also.

Making sense in the "Politically Speaking" forum? How dare you! ;)

I still think the call to name storms with African American names takes the cake for most asinine 'racist ' whine.

In July 2003, Texas representative Sheila Jackson Lee (a member of the NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus, and an ardent supporter of the civil rights leadership) criticized the weather establishment for its selection of names with which to christen hurricanes, stating that "All racial groups should be represented." Her comment was prompted by the 2003 list of hurricane names, which for the first time included French and Spanish appellations (derived from languages spoken in areas that border the Atlantic Ocean, where such storms occur), and she expressed the hope that in the future such lists "would try to be inclusive of African American names" as well.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/hurricane.asp#YsRG2ZTm7qZZwj3O.99

Because it's such an HONOR to be named for a destructive event which levels buildings, causes wide spread damage and is such a terrific drain on the tax payers.... hmm.

She may be onto something.

Dictionary skills might come in handy here. The definition of nude as a color is "the color of a white person's flesh." I tend to reside on the Left and really haven't heard anyone complaining about bra colors. The real complaint about bras is how uncomfortable they are. I'm pretty certain that taking a bra off at the end of the day is just as great a feeling as winning the Super Bowl.

Dictionary skills might come in handy here. The definition of nude as a color is "the color of a white person's flesh." I tend to reside on the Left and really haven't heard anyone complaining about bra colors. The real complaint about bras is how uncomfortable they are. I'm pretty certain that taking a bra off at the end of the day is just as great a feeling as winning the Super Bowl.

Well I wouldn't know about that. I just can't help but laugh at how many people are offended by the least little thing. Of all the things to be upset about this is the one that bugged them most.

Well I wouldn't know about that. I just can't help but laugh at how many people are offended by the least little thing. Of all the things to be upset about this is the one that bugged them most.

We live in a culture now where being offended is fashionable. People rather protest than problem solve.

I'm with Texan , this is a dumb college kid writing an article. About as dumb as that girl from The Plainsman.

We live in a culture now where being offended is fashionable. People rather protest than problem solve.

I'm with Texan , this is a dumb college kid writing an article. About as dumb as that girl from The Plainsman.

There's a lot of stuff I don't like in this world. I disagree quite vocally with a lot of things coming from the left side of the political spectrum as many of you have seen on here :big: but I don't want to ban anyone or shut them up. I don't want a safe space where I don't have to hear things I don't like. This world is a tough place and you've got to have a thick skin if you're ever going to get anywhere. We're way too wimpy now. I love arguing with Homer and the other liberals. It's actually rather invigorating and enlightening. I'll rarely agree with them but I enjoy the back and forth on here. I don't wish to shut anyone up. I realize that's a bit off topic but the idea of being offended perpetually leads to political correctness where people can shut down things they don't like so they aren't offended.

Archived