First AU Offensive Play: 2015

aucanucktiger

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kickoff return or Punt return. After coin toss if we receive the ball out first offensive play will be a kickoff return if we have to kick off it will be a Punt return after our new D stops other team cold and forces a punt. Both have the potential to be scores with people like Roc Thomas and Jason Smith.

My guess: Playaction, dig route to Duke.

What I think is actually going to happen: Handoff to the RB right for a 2 yard gain after he crashes into the offensive guard's butt. Just like every other first down play we saw last year lolol

Wade Christopher to Wade Christopher for a 115 yard touchdown pass for 4,000 points.

Yeah -- agree with those thinking play-action pass. Then we'll run it for a few first downs. Then back to play-action. Petrino blows a gasket and has to get into that neck brace coming out of the second half.

Jovon Robinson (Memphis native) ran for 36 yards and what a huge block by Shon Coleman (Memphis native).

I could deal with that.

Gotta use the run to set up for the play action. My guess is that we line up with JJ in the shotgun, Pettway and Jovon to one side (Jovon behind him, Pettway in front), Melvin Ray wide out on the same side, with Duke in the slot and Ricardo on the opposite side.

First play will be a motion lead read option, meaning Pettway will motion to the opposite side, then block back to his original side once the ball is snapped. JJ will run a read option with Jovon, and ultimately make the decision to hand the ball off. Jovon will start running inside, but will bounce it outside once he sees that Pettway and Ray have sealed the edge. Louisville's strong safety will make the tackle, but not before Jovon gains around 6-7 on the run. Hurry up to the line, run it again, 4-5 more yards and a first down. Hurry up to the line, run it again, this time Jovon busts through the middle like he is shot out of a gun and he gains 9. Gus takes the 2nd and short opportunity to run a play action, getting the safety to bite, and hitting Ricardo on a wide open deep ball. Carlson with the extra point, and we're out to a 7-0 lead.

Jovon Robinson (Memphis native) ran for 36 yards and what a huge block by Shon Coleman (Memphis native).

Will Elvis be there? (Yes, I know he was born in Tupelo, but you Memphians claim him.)

Whatever the play is it can't come soon enough. Why, oh why, do the months from January through August take so long to pass but September through December just fly right on by? Has anybody ever figured that out?

I don't think there is any way that we throw the ball on our first play. It will be a handoff, maybe a trap play to the HB.

Was our first play this year not a pass? I can't remember for sure....

Archived