Tray Matthews

RunInRed

Taking the Cam path.

i would not be surprised if Cam might have mentored Trey a little this past semester. Nice to see. He looks like he is truly enjoying it.

Via second hand information from some of the coaches, this guys hits so hard they sometimes fear for his own safety, much less the guy he's hitting.

Via second hand information from some of the coaches, this guys hits so hard they sometimes fear for his own safety, much less the guy he's hitting.

I certainly believe it. You can just tell he's coming with some bad intentions (in a good way for us). We def. need him to have a good year.

Sigh. No matter how much time expires since that game, it won't change the fact that Matthews didn't touch that ball.

well then he should have.

Sigh. No matter how much time expires since that game, it won't change the fact that Matthews didn't touch that ball.

He was going to catch it- in his body, where it wouldn't bounce up- and the other guy tipped it up.

He was going to catch it- in his body, where it wouldn't bounce up- and the other guy tipped it up.

I don't think you get it

I don't think you get it

I rarely do.

I don't think you get it

they didn't either

I don't think you get it

they didn't either

Zing!

I don't think you get it

they didn't either

You should know

That's good to hear, AU hasn't had a big hitter back there since Junior Rosegreen. It's hard to quantify, but big hits (or the potential of them) make WRs think twice and they amp up the rest of the team. The rumblings from the spring about Matthews' hard-hitting reminds me of how Sean Taylor's reps were limited at Miami because he was hurting too many people (which has to be one of the best compliments ever for a safety).

Just kind of find it odd that TJ Davis gets injured then Tray gets his number. Anybody know the deal?

Yep. No clue.

Lookin forward to seein this young man on the field this year. It really looks like he has seen the opportunity Coach Malzahn has given him and isn't gonna let it go to waste. Great to see that!!

I'm also curious about the number change thing, hopefully TJ Davis is just making a number change himself and we aren't losing another DB to attrition.

Either way, good luck Tray and War Damn Eagle!!!

Archived