2015 Spring Practice - Day 11 (Scrimmage #2)

RunInRed

Coach Gus Malzhahn looks on ...

CCU_oBNWgAA_K6e.jpg

via @FootballAU

Tre Williams and friends ...

CCU_oBNW0AAryTQ.jpg

via @FootballAU

QB Jeremy Johnson ...

CCU_oBNWAAEhpxX.jpg

via @FootballAU

Tyler Queen ...

CBxFJrWUgAAQeAa.jpg

via @FootballAU

CCU_oCTWEAEIvgv.jpg

via @FootballAU

Coach Muschamp during today's scrimmage ...

CCVCyegWIAAWBns.jpg

via @FootballAU

Receiver Gray King with the grab during today's scrimmage ...

CCVBlLfXIAADXcE.jpg

via @FootballAU

CCVVP-gWYAARTzO.jpg

via @AUGoldMine

RB Jovon Robinson post scrimmage ...

CCU5hEiWIAAJpGJ.jpg

via @JHokanson

“My spring right now is probably the best spring I’ve ever had in my life,” Robinson said. “The material I’ve been introduced to, I’ve been so focused on it. This is like no focus I’ve ever had.”

“Obviously with my position in Malzahn’s offense, success is imminent,” Robinson said. “But I feel like if you don’t put forth the work, you won’t see results.”

Robinson said that Auburn will be the winner in this competition no matter who emerges as the replacement for the SEC’s leading rusher Cameron Artis-Payne.

“I feel like everybody has their time and an opportunity,” Robinson said. “I want what’s best for me, but this is Auburn’s shot.”

http://www.theplainsman.com/article/2015/04/in-the-midst-of-competition-robinson-having-best-spring-ive-ever-had

Coach Gus Malzahn post practice ...

Auburn's Gus Malzahn said this week's coaching clinic went well. It attracted approximately 750 coaches

Auburn QB Jeremy Johnson had a better scrimmage Saturday than the week before, said Gus Malzahn

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on Saturday's scrimmage: "I like our attitude, intensity and energy… We've got to work on being more consistent."

Auburn held a 60-play scrimmage Saturday, plus work on two-minute situations, field goals.

@AUGoldMine

Malzahn said the scrimmage focused more on the run game, “gap game.”

@JHokanson

Plan for A-Day: Similar to last two seasons. Two different groups, offense on one sideline, defense on the other. More specifics this week.

Defense won first scrimmage. Today? Malzahn said it was a little more even between the two sides

@AUBlog

Gus Malzahn: OL Alex Kozan, DE Carl Lawson 'got a lot of work' Saturday

@wareagleextra

Thanks for all you do RiR! If not for you and a few others, people like me who live far away from AU wouldn't get the great info that you guys give. We would have to rely on AL.com and ESPN. This is 1 billion times better coverage than that will ever be!! War Eagle from St.Louis!!

Thanks for all you do RiR! If not for you and a few others, people like me who live far away from AU wouldn't get the great info that you guys give. We would have to rely on AL.com and ESPN. This is 1 billion times better coverage than that will ever be!! War Eagle from St.Louis!!

^^second this bit from Charlotte NC

IMO Jovon's statement indicates a high level of maturity that is critical to being a team leader. I'm also very impressed with the physical condition of the team. It's obvious they've spent a lot of time with weights and conditioning.

I get Jeremy Johnson and Sean White in the orange non-contact jerseys but why not Tyler Queen as well ( hie is in a blue offense jersey)?

I get Jeremy Johnson and Sean White in the orange non-contact jerseys but why not Tyler Queen as well ( hie is in a blue offense jersey)?

They know what JJ and Sean can do in terms of running the football because this is not the first time they have been in a live situation for Auburn. My guess is that they wanted Tyler to go live so they can figure out just how mobile of a QB he is and how well he reacts to being hit by D1 athletes.

Maurice Swain is #90

Whose name you will be hearing a lot of next season... He is a straight baller.

They know what JJ and Sean can do in terms of running the football because this is not the first time they have been in a live situation for Auburn. My guess is that they wanted Tyler to go live so they can figure out just how mobile of a QB he is and how well he reacts to being hit by D1 athletes.

Gus stated that every new QB goes live in their first scrimmage(s). That is so they can evaluate them and see how they react to the pressure and know where they have to work with them on during the rest of spring etc...

Maurice Swain is #90

Whose name you will be hearing a lot of next season... He is a straight baller.

^^This^^ hear he is causing havoc in practice.

Archived