Are you a rebel or a Yankee

"91% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!"

Dang.

Never thought I sounded that bad until I took a trip to Wisconsin for work training. They were able to pick out my accent down to the state.

My mom always told me I talk like a yankee growing up. I'm going to e-mail her this quiz.

"91% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!"

Dang.

Never thought I sounded that bad until I took a trip to Wisconsin for work training. They were able to pick out my accent down to the state.

My mom always told me I talk like a yankee growing up. I'm going to e-mail her this quiz.

Having been all over the country I can definitely tell a difference. When I first started driving trucks, I took a load of fire hydrants that was supposed to go to Long Island. Got lost and stopped to ask how to get back out. The guy told me "you ain't from around here are you"

Question 16 about using "Coke" to describe a soft drink and the question about what to call a group of people pretty much settles what you are.

These are maps that go along with most of the questions.

http://www.businessinsider.com/22-maps-that-show-the-deepest-linguistic-conflicts-in-america-2013-6?op=1

everyone-knows-that-the-midwest-calls-it-pop-the-northeast-and-west-coast-call-it-soda-while-the-south-is-really-into-brand-loyalty.jpg

this-is-the-deepest-and-most-obvious-linguistic-divide-in-america-its-also-an-example-of-how-everyone-in-south-florida-pronounces-things-in-the-northern-us-style.jpg

I scored 55% on the first test, but on the "Advanced Test" linked below the submit button, I scored only 33% Dixie. I was born and raised in the South, but I lived all over the U.S. except for the South during my working years and just recently moved back to the South now that I've retired. So I got some of everywhere in my speech.

Archived