2016 4* Buck DE/LB Antonneous Clayton (Florida commit)

RunInRed

Because no one in Dooly county thinks he ends up anywhere else. Figured he would go ahead and pull the trigger at BCW.

Maybe they are like Tony & did not expect all this exposure & offers to pour in. I have no problem w/ Tony wanting to be his own man & pick AU because it's the best fit for him if he chooses AU.

Also figured he would be spending some time with Cousin Adams and that would seal the deal

AU is in great shape here. Clayton has been a top priority for AU for some time now. And AU was the first to offer.

They were, and in a world where relationships matter more than anything (you hear that UT fans? One team winning over the other on the field doesn't do a whole lot in the recruiting battle!!!) the early offer, especially the first, really matters. Can't see this going any other way than AU landing this kid. I get anxious for the commit sometimes so hope you guys will forgive me.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Sign him and Davidson and when NewKirk gets his 4* we go from "woe is me" on DE to wow what great coaches we have. That is why so many people keep saying save the "woe is me" till much later in the process. Recruiting is an evolving process and June is to early to be overly sad or overly elated.

Moved from 3-star to 4-star and #35 (20 spots up) DE on Scout. Another huge bump! He's 4-star on all sites.

Moved from 3-star to 4-star and #35 (20 spots up) DE on Scout. Another huge bump! He's 4-star on all sites.

Nice!

Double Nice! ;D

We have probably the best coaching staff in the conference, and I trust them to find and sign the best players out there that want to play at Auburn. We will have as good of, if not better recruiting class for 2016 as for 2015. We have 19 4 star recruits coming in for the 2015 that is more than any SEC or other power conferences.

We will do well, and will continue to build on the foundations of championship football teams in the near future. Take a deep breath and enjoy being an Auburn Tiger.

We have probably the best coaching staff in the conference, and I trust them to find and sign the best players out there that want to play at Auburn. We will have as good of, if not better recruiting class for 2016 as for 2015. We have 19 4 star recruits coming in for the 2015 that is more than any SEC or other power conferences.

We will do well, and will continue to build on the foundations of championship football teams in the near future. Take a deep breath and enjoy being an Auburn Tiger.

Nice speech Doc.

We have 19 4 star recruits coming in for the 2015 that is more than any SEC or other power conferences.

Optimism is good. I'm waiting for all those 2 and 3 stars to get bumped up to 4 stars in the 2016 class. WDE!

• 1 month later...

What's the latest here?

Auburn still leads, but Florida has moved up on his list. Going to be a battle.

He supposed to be visiting Auburn again in the next couple of weeks. No official word on that visit however.

What's the latest here?

He supposed to be visiting Auburn again in the next couple of weeks. No official word on that visit however.

Update -- visiting this Saturday

What's the latest here?

Update -- visiting this Saturday

Great news.

• 1 month later...

Rivals today said that AU leads for Mr Clayton, found this posted on AU page on SECrants..

I saw it too. Didn't bring it here though because I couldn't confirm it was free information.

• 2 weeks later...

WDC...War Damn Corgi says that he will sign with Auburn and will play as a true freshman. We are in the process of going through some growing pains with our defense with playing so many young true freshman this season so far. We need to load up on as many DLs as possible. I say we get some from the JUCO ranks as well. I feel that we are on a correct path for long term success for the team. It is painful to watch at times, but if you can look beyond today and focus on the near and distant future of this team, good things are on their way of which I have no doubts whatsoever.

Archived