2016 4* Buck DE/LB Antonneous Clayton (Florida commit)

RunInRed

His recruitment is taking off ... picked up offers from AU and Tennessee in the past 24hrs ...

Offered DE Antonneous Clayton will be at Auburn on Saturday. A-Day

@Keith247Sports

1436405.jpg

Antonneous Clayton, DE

Vienna, GA (Dooly County HS)

Ht: 6'4 | Wt: 218 | 40: 4.75

- Class of 2016

- Picked up AU offer 4/16/15

- 2015 A-Day attendee

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 226, No. 7 WDE)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals100 - No. 27)

Scout: 4* (Scout Rank - No. 95)

Offers: Alabama, Arizona State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Clemson, Colorado State, Florida (committed), Florida State, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Marshall, Miami (Fl.), Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, UCF, UCLA, Utah, Virginia Tech, Washington, Western Kentucky and Wisconsin, among others.

Hudl Highlights

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched his film. He is seriously quick off the ball. He will never play DE in the SEC at 218pds. He will have to gain 30-40 pounds and keep his speed somehow. He is a definite redshirt for whoever gets him.

His name though

I was going to ask whether you were Antonneous, Clayton.

Unfortunately I was blessed with the size to play football, but not the athletic ability!

His name though

I was going to ask whether you were Antonneous, Clayton.

Unfortunately I was blessed with the size to play football, but not the athletic ability!

Ah, well -- you can't have it all!

• 1 month later...

Bumping Tony for a few reasons.

1. Hew is a major DE target for AU

2. He almost committed yesterday on his 1st ever AU visit

3. He's Monty Adams' 2nd cousin

4. He & Marlon would make sickly good bookends for the class.

5.He just got a major bump on Rivals from a 3* to a 4* & #42 overall in the nation. He will be a composite 4* as a result so I'm gonna go ahead & update the thread title.

5.He just got a major bump on Rivals from a 3* to a 4* & #42 overall in the nation. He will be a composite 4* as a result so I'm gonna go ahead & update the thread title.

Lol thanks E.

Watched his film. He is seriously quick off the ball. He will never play DE in the SEC at 218pds. He will have to gain 30-40 pounds and keep his speed somehow. He is a definite redshirt for whoever gets him.

Agreed. Fortunately, 6'4 leaves a lot of room to spread out 30-40 lbs of good weight. Also, as he gets bigger at whatever college he ends up at, his lower body will just keep getting stronger and those fast-twitch muscles will just get more finely tuned.

Of course, Raashed Kennion was listed at 6'6 225 coming out of high school and is now listed at a staggering 6'6 235 on AU's website. I don't know if the coaches wanted more weight gain than that by now or not, but I'm sure it would make a lot of us armchair QBs feel better :)

Jeez, are those the only reasons? That doesn't warrant an update at all! :P JK E, keep doing you!

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/06/auburn_antonneous_clayton.html

"Auburn landed two commitments during Big Cat Weekend, and Antonneous Clayton admits he came fairly close to becoming No. 3.

"It was getting there," said the three-star defensive end prospect. "But I still want to ride the recruiting process out and enjoy it because it only comes around once in a lifetime, especially for kids like me who come from a small town."

The 6-foot-4, 218-pounder from Vienna, Ga., named Auburn and Florida his leaders last month. Saturday's visit was his first to the Plains, and he was accompanied by his parents and brother.

He came away impressed with the campus and said Auburn's coaches "felt like fathers" to him. He is planning to return to the Plains next weekend.

"They really felt like they really needed me," he said. "I could trust them. They were looking me in the eyes and I could tell they weren't lying to me.

"My specialty is rushing the passer, and that's the main thing they brought up in our conversations."

Clayton, who is cousins with Auburn defensive tackle Montravius Adams, enjoyed a productive junior season in which he tallied 72 tackles (22 for loss) with 16 sacks, six forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.

His recruitment has taken off this spring with 21 total offers to his name, including Alabama, Clemson, Miami, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ole Miss and Tennessee. Florida State, LSU and Oklahoma have all offered in the last week.

"It's tough," Clayton said. "They are all good schools, but I have to go with the best decision for me and my parents being able to come to the games. In the end, it's my decision, but I still want to see about them at the same time.""

This is a smart kid when it comes to recruiting he recognizes this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be recruited (Wined (grape juice) and dined) and treated like you are a movie star especially with him coming from a small school. He wants to enjoy this time but will base his decision on things like need at school for pass rushers his specialty and proximity for his family to watch him play. He looks good on film but will need to gain weight which is very common coming out of HS.

It would be awesome if we got Antonneous Clayton and Derrick Brown.

How about one of the two?

That would be great, but not awesome.

It would be awesome if we got Antonneous Clayton and Derrick Brown.

How about one of the two?

That would be great, but not awesome.

A far more likely scenario .. Clayton, IMO, should have already committed. I thought he would have by now. Quite possible to pair him with Jackson not Brown. Clayton gets by on heart and speed at this point but as one poster mentioned already, he needs to add some weight to that frame cuz right now, he is the size of a good SEC safety not a DE

A far more likely scenario .. Clayton, IMO, should have already committed. I thought he would have by now. Quite possible to pair him with Jackson not Brown. Clayton gets by on heart and speed at this point but as one poster mentioned already, he needs to add some weight to that frame cuz right now, he is the size of a good SEC safety not a DE

1. Why is that? It was his 1st ever visit to AU. While it would bew nice for a player to commit on his first visit I don't think it should be expected. 2. True but he is not a traditional DE target for us. He is a Buck hybrid target which doesn't require as much weight. At 6'4 he can easily add the 30 lbs needed for that position.

1. Why is that? It was his 1st ever visit to AU. While it would bew nice for a player to commit on his first visit I don't think it should be expected. 2. True but he is not a traditional DE target for us. He is a Buck hybrid target which doesn't require as much weight. At 6'4 he can easily add the 30 lbs needed for that position.

Because no one in Dooly county thinks he ends up anywhere else. Figured he would go ahead and pull the trigger at BCW.

And Lord knows he has enough speed to add the 30 pounds you speak of and make it work still

Because no one in Dooly county thinks he ends up anywhere else. Figured he would go ahead and pull the trigger at BCW.

Maybe they are like Tony & did not expect all this exposure & offers to pour in. I have no problem w/ Tony wanting to be his own man & pick AU because it's the best fit for him if he chooses AU.

Maybe they are like Tony & did not expect all this exposure & offers to pour in. I have no problem w/ Tony wanting to be his own man & pick AU because it's the best fit for him if he chooses AU.

Also figured he would be spending some time with Cousin Adams and that would seal the deal

Also figured he would be spending some time with Cousin Adams and that would seal the deal

AU is in great shape here. Clayton has been a top priority for AU for some time now. And AU was the first to offer.

Archived