Obamacare repeal falls off Republicans' to-do list as law takes hold

DKW 86

Can't be fixed.(Was written to fail so Libs could force single payer on America) Cheaper and more effective to kill and replace it. THAT will remain the goal through the elections. JMHO

Just give everybody Medicare and move on.

The Conservatives are so mad at how ACA was rammed down their throats they cant get over it.

The Liberals wrote a bad bill with many flaws that was horribly implemented.

All that is more or less behind us. Fix it and move on.

I'm convinced healthcare will never be fixed until the US ceases to exist in its current form. The only way to make genuine progress includes neither giveaways to special interest groups, nor the apparatus to control the lifestyle decisions of the people. Both Red Team and Blue Team want one or the other.

Just give everybody Medicare and move on.

The Conservatives are so mad at how ACA was rammed down their throats they cant get over it.

The Liberals wrote a bad bill with many flaws that was horribly implemented.

All that is more or less behind us. Fix it and move on.

No . Repeal it.

Sorry guys, the political reality is that it isnt going to get repealed. That was the point of the article was that the REP leadership has started to admit it.

When was the last time a govt handout was repealed? NEVER.

No . Repeal it.

Well, once again, your logic is impeccable, your arguments unassailable, and you have convinced everyone here. Another standup job.

From the article ...

"Only 18% of Americans want to go back to the system we had before because they do not want to go back to some of the problems we had," Whit Ayres, a veteran Republican pollster who works for presidential candidate Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, said at a recent breakfast hosted by the Christian Science Monitor.

"Smart Republicans in this area get that," he added.

I'm convinced healthcare will never be fixed until the US ceases to exist in its current form. The only way to make genuine progress includes neither giveaways to special interest groups, nor the apparatus to control the lifestyle decisions of the people. Both Red Team and Blue Team want one or the other.

Good post.

Good post.

Agree 100%

It's easy to say "repeal it." The problem with just repealing it is that the GOP has no plan regarding what to replace it with. In fact, if the SCOTUS rules in the next couple of months that the federal marketplace customers are not eligible for the ACA discounts, millions of people in Republican-run states are going to lose their insurance -- and none of those states (to my knowledge) have a plan for how to deal with that. And if the ACA were just wiped out by the GOP with no alternative plan to take over, more than 7 million people would be affected, a big proportion of them in Republican-run states. It could be a political disaster for Republicans. If you want an issue that would galvanize American voters against any GOP candidate for the White House in 2016, that would do it right there -- assuring the Dems of another presidency. At this point, I don't think the GOP would repeal the ACA, even if they could muster the votes to overturn an Obama veto.

barry and co-conspirators created this disaster and if the SCOTUS rules it to be illegal , it's the GOP's fault ??? Thanks. I enjoyed that huge laugh!!!

Archived