Defend this.

JoeBags7277

And some of the people here wonder why several of us openly worry about the govt, state local and federal getting too much power.

But, but,,,,,,,,,,what about not being able to deny anyone of life, liberty, property, without due process?

Oh well, that's not important. Back to the inane ideological debate.

Libtards is dumb.

But, but,,,,,,,,,,what about not being able to deny anyone of life, liberty, property, without due process?

Libtards is dumb.

What part of denied due process did you miss seeing here?

My question is: how did they get a warrant? What magistrate was dumb enough to sign off on that?

I suspect the whole thing will get tossed, and I am sure it will be in legal limbo for years. These are the kinds of cases that end up at SCOTUS (and they're always fascinating).

Isn't the general rule that you can't enter someones private property without consent unless you have a reasonable belief that someone is in danger within the property?

And if that is true, could it be manipulated into "we thought the child was in danger and therefore could enter without consent or warrant"?

My question is: how did they get a warrant? What magistrate was dumb enough to sign off on that?

I suspect the whole thing will get tossed, and I am sure it will be in legal limbo for years. These are the kinds of cases that end up at SCOTUS (and they're always fascinating).

warrant ? They don't need no stinkin' warrant ! Wake up!

Libtards is dumb.

I do not understand your question.

I watched the video and read the article. I am not agreeing with how it was handled but does any of this change if her son had admitted to the school that "drugs" were kept in the house?

I only ask because we simply do not know enough about what the son told the school.

Ex: A kid brags at school that dad has pipe bombs in the house.

Or

My mom keeps crack in the kitchen.

Thoughts

I think where this case is going to hinge is whether the state was there under the auspices of child welfare law, which is generally considered to be an overriding interest, or under search and seizure law.

Not saying I like it, but if the child admits drugs are kept in the house could trigger either one of those. If the call goes to the DFACS office and they go out to do a welfare check and then find the need for law enforcement, then it may stand. If it went to a central dispatch and both were called, or if the police were called and then notified DFACS then I imagine it will get tossed on 4th amendment grounds eventually.

I think where this case is going to hinge is whether the state was there under the auspices of child welfare law, which is generally considered to be an overriding interest, or under search and seizure law.

Not saying I like it, but if the child admits drugs are kept in the house could trigger either one of those. If the call goes to the DFACS office and they go out to do a welfare check and then find the need for law enforcement, then it may stand. If it went to a central dispatch and both were called, or if the police were called and then notified DFACS then I imagine it will get tossed on 4th amendment grounds eventually.

Thanks

My views towards "medical" use of pot and knowing the amount in the house skews my opinion. On the other hand I do feel "authorities" should protect children when reasonable suspicion is involved.

Walking a very thin tight rope on this one.

And some of the people here wonder why several of us openly worry about the govt, state local and federal getting too much power.

Yep! We're just a bunch of tin foil hat wearing chicken littles.

i know nothing of cannibis oil. how is it used? do you get high or is it just medicinal? do you drink or smoke it or rub into the skin?

i know nothing of cannibis oil. how is it used? do you get high or is it just medicinal? do you drink or smoke it or rub into the skin?

All of the above.

I don't know about the rubbing into skin but I am sure someone does. Heck, some people drink urine and rub it on their skin.

Libtards is dumb.

I do not understand your question.

It is my contention,and some here on the board, that without a search warrant all this going to get tossed.

I understand they found nothing there. There was no probable cause.

I watched the video and read the article. I am not agreeing with how it was handled but does any of this change if her son had admitted to the school that "drugs" were kept in the house?

I only ask because we simply do not know enough about what the son told the school.

Or

Thoughts

The kid was listening to a D.A.R.E. officer give his dishonest, inaccuracy ridden spiel about the "dangers" of pot, and he felt compelled to speak up as to how cbd oil has helped his mother in her battle with Crohn's. None of the articles I've read indicate that he told them she had pot in the home, and for that matter, since they one lived in Colorado, there's no ipso facto admission that even Kansas's draconian pot laws were broken.

From my understanding, there is no THC, and its purely medicinal. I believe it can be taken orally or as an ointment.

From my understanding, there is no THC, and its purely medicinal. I believe it can be taken orally or as an ointment.

if so it should be 100% legalized. Whether it helps or not.

Or

Thoughts

The kid was listening to a D.A.R.E. officer give his dishonest, inaccuracy ridden spiel about the "dangers" of pot, and he felt compelled to speak up as to how cbd oil has helped his mother in her battle with Crohn's. None of the articles I've read indicate that he told them she had pot in the home, and for that matter, since they one lived in Colorado, there's no ipso facto admission that even Kansas's draconian pot laws were broken.

Ugh. D.A.R.E. What a horrible waste of time and money.

Or

Thoughts

I cant say that, if nothing else, it educates kids on what drugs are locally available and what the possession and distribution laws look like. They do get a heads up.

Or

Thoughts

I cant say that, if nothing else, it educates kids on what drugs are locally available and what the possession and distribution laws look like. They do get a heads up.

I just spit coke all over my keyboard. No pun intended. Also not that kind of coke. The other kind.

Or

Thoughts

I just spit coke all over my keyboard. No pun intended. Also not that kind of coke. The other kind.

Sorry, my point was that it scares some of them just knowing what the jail times etc look like.

Archived