Jeremy Johnson named starting QB for 2015

AUEngineer2016

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the earliest we have named a starting QB in quite some time, right?

Looks like Gus will finally have the same player start consecutive season openers at QB!

While this is no surprise, still good to see that we've established him as our front man and face of our program. You all should expect huge things for this offense in 2015. Cause we coming.

@bmarcello: Jeremy Johnson started season opener in 2014, which means he'll be first Auburn QB to start back-to-back openers since Brandon Cox (2006-07)

And grass is green.

First I've heard of this! Jeremy Johnson is the starter? I am absolutely shocked!

Look how absolutely shocked I am! This is my absolutely shocked face, which I am displaying because of how absolute and shocky my absolute shock is at this moment!

Look! Look at my absolute shock!

omg%252520cat.jpg

I am absolutely shocked! :P

Not surprised. This is shaping up to be an even more dynamic offense than Auburn has been putting on the field. JJ and these receivers should combine with the talent at rb to be deadly. SW will be a very capable backup. Hopefully he'll get a lot of 2nd half playing time this season.

He needs to get ALL the reps with our WR's he can get. The timing issues were about the only thing that seemed to stick out to me with the passing game. (Outside of a couple of drops) Guys were high pointing the ball, and the adjustment Cox made with his body, in the air, was extremely impressive.

@bmarcello: Jeremy Johnson started season opener in 2014, which means he'll be first Auburn QB to start back-to-back openers since Brandon Cox (2006-07)

He may be the first Auburn QB in many years to work with the same offensive strategy for 3 years and probably 4 years in a row.

Not surprised. This is shaping up to be an even more dynamic offense than Auburn has been putting on the field. JJ and these receivers should combine with the talent at rb to be deadly. SW will be a very capable backup. Hopefully he'll get a lot of 2nd half playing time this season.

i hope SW plays the entirety of 15, 4th quarters!

JJ deserves this. He really looks good out there. Sean is great to back him up and Queen played well in the spring game too.

Unless Coker decides to transfer over to AU, JJ should be the man next year....and the year after. Would be nice to have some stability in the offense for a while.

Well we did have the same case set up with Nick Marshall..

Unless Coker decides to transfer over to AU, JJ should be the man next year....and the year after. Would be nice to have some stability in the offense for a while.

Coker is terrible, he wouldn't start over Queen. And Jeremy won't be here that many years.

Who is surprised? No one who knows AU football. :)

JJ is the man for two years, unless he wins the Heisman this year.

White takes over then and we are still in good hands. Give Sean White another year under this system and we will be fine for the next 4-6 years.

I agree Queen looked good fora true freshman as well.

WDE!

While this is hardly shocking, the announcement of it at this time is significant.

Exactly

Yep. When was the last time a new starter was named so early? Cam y'all remember?

;-)

Coker is terrible, he wouldn't start over Queen. And Jeremy won't be here that many years.

OH...... thought I remembered reading before last season that he would be a Heisman candidate......guess he did not improve during his season on the bench. Too Bad.....

After laughing about five minutes, I can type again.

OH...... thought I remembered reading before last season that he would be a Heisman candidate......guess he did not improve during his season on the bench. Too Bad.....

Guess he didn't pick up the sarcasm lol

Guess he didn't pick up the sarcasm lol

I assumed it was a joke. I just felt it was too far

While this is hardly shocking, the announcement of it at this time is significant.

Exactly

Yep. When was the last time a new starter was named so early? Cam y'all remember?

;-)

Actually, JJ was named earlier (4/20/2015) than Cam (4/28/2010).

Archived