Jeremy Johnson named starting QB for 2015

AUEngineer2016

We scored 44 points and put up the all time record for yardage ever given up by a Bammer defense. Still lost because the defense did absolutely nothing, nada, couldn't even slow them down for a single drive in the second half. Who was the QB was of no consequence. Most awful defense in the history of Auburn football.

AMEN!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We scored 44 points and put up the all time record for yardage ever given up by a Bammer defense. Still lost because the defense did absolutely nothing, nada, couldn't even slow them down for a single drive in the second half. Who was the QB was of no consequence. Most awful defense in the history of Auburn football.

You know the defense is bad if you force 3 turnovers and still give up 55. Like others have said, our offense most likely would've been better with JJ at QB last season, but our defense would probably never have stopped anyone anyways.

Unless Coker decides to transfer over to AU, JJ should be the man next year....and the year after. Would be nice to have some stability in the offense for a while.

Coker is terrible, he wouldn't start over Queen. And Jeremy won't be here that many years.

I watched parts of the Bama spring game. Coker is very inconsistent. He will through a good pass, then an interception right to the defensive player.

He has as much arm strength as Marshall, but has lesser so accuracy.

He is more accurate than Nick and he has better strength.

He is not more accurate and I don't know about the arm strength part.

You are WRONG

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/550019/jeremy-johnson

CAREER STATS SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT RAW QBR ADJ QBR 2014 28 37 436 75.7 11.78 62 3 0 1 201.4 98.0 98.8 2013 29 41 422 70.7 10.29 67 6 2 0 195.7 95.3

Nick Marshall

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/players.asp?id=205748

Career Passing Stats

Year Team G Cmp Att Comp % Yds Yd/A TDs Int Sacked Yds 2011 UGa 13 0 0 - 0 - 0 0 0 0 2013 Auburn 13 142 239 59.4 1976 8.3 14 6 18 121 2014 Auburn 13 178 293 60.8 2532 8.6 20 7 14 87 Career 39 320 532 60.2 4508 8.5 34 13 32 208

JJ is a 70% plus completion percentage versus NM's 60%. JJ has just a strong of an arm as NM, if not stronger.

Ex: FSU went into every game this season knowing their defense, specifically their secondary, would only get stops in the late second half. So they did what they had to adjust to that.

Not the same situation but an example

Fsu's defense and secondary was better than AU. Not a good example IMO.

Well I don't know how many top 25 teams had as bad defenses as Auburn. But the numbers for FSU vs Auburn defensively are only a slight advantage for FSU.

I think the comparison was between Marshall and Coker, not Marshall and Johnson.

yes.and it's hard for me to believe anyone has a stronger arm than Marshall

Unless Coker decides to transfer over to AU, JJ should be the man next year....and the year after. Would be nice to have some stability in the offense for a while.

Coker is terrible, he wouldn't start over Queen. And Jeremy won't be here that many years.

I watched parts of the Bama spring game. Coker is very inconsistent. He will through a good pass, then an interception right to the defensive player.

He has as much arm strength as Marshall, but has lesser so accuracy.

He is more accurate than Nick and he has better strength.

He is not more accurate and I don't know about the arm strength part.

You are WRONG

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/550019/jeremy-johnson

CAREER STATS SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT RAW QBR ADJ QBR 2014 28 37 436 75.7 11.78 62 3 0 1 201.4 98.0 98.8 2013 29 41 422 70.7 10.29 67 6 2 0 195.7 95.3

Nick Marshall

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/players.asp?id=205748

Career Passing Stats

Year Team G Cmp Att Comp % Yds Yd/A TDs Int Sacked Yds 2011 UGa 13 0 0 - 0 - 0 0 0 0 2013 Auburn 13 142 239 59.4 1976 8.3 14 6 18 121 2014 Auburn 13 178 293 60.8 2532 8.6 20 7 14 87 Career 39 320 532 60.2 4508 8.5 34 13 32 208

JJ is a 70% plus completion percentage versus NM's 60%. JJ has just a strong of an arm as NM, if not stronger.

Please tell me at what point did you get Jeremy from that convo lol

I think the comparison was between Marshall and Coker, not Marshall and Johnson.

Idk. I knew it was close when both first got here

1. No one has a stronger arm than Nick.

2. Someone always has a stronger arm than anyone.

3. After JJ starts, there is no one with a stronger arm.

Just trying to apply what I learned today in the recruiting forum.

:dunno:

1. No one has a stronger arm than Nick.

2. Someone always has a stronger arm than anyone.

3. After JJ starts, there is no one with a stronger arm.

Just trying to apply what I learned today in the recruiting forum.

:dunno:/>

Lol Britt I noticed that today too!

Britt, your argument above is not sound. Your conclusion in your syllogism doesn't follow from your premises (which are questionable, as well. ;)

Britt, your argument above is not sound. Your conclusion in your syllogism doesn't follow from your premises (which are questionable, as well. ;)/>

Yep.

Britt, your argument above is not sound. Your conclusion in your syllogism doesn't follow from your premises (which are questionable, as well. ;)

That's what his mom keeps telling him.

Britt, your argument above is not sound. Your conclusion in your syllogism doesn't follow from your premises (which are questionable, as well. ;)/>

That's what his mom keeps telling him.

True.

Has coach Malzahn said who will be back up to Jeremy?

I don't know if he confirmed anything, but I assume it'll be Sean White.

With Jwall moving to WR, and Sean White being 3rd string anyway last year, I have to believe Sean is the number two guy. With Queen being the new #3.

I would not expect Queen to see action unless there is an injury with JJ or SW. Jason Smith will probably get some wildcat snaps and TT would get some mopup duty. I do hope Tucker gets some action as someone has stated they think it could be his final season before maybe getting a grad assistant position somewhere.

I watched the first half of last year's Arkansas game last night. Jeremy Johnson is very, very good.

You forgot a very

I didn't want to over do it. You know how some people get too excited. You're right though.

What the heck.

Jeremy Johnson will be the first player selected in the 2016 NFL draft.

Well why don't we cross the bridge of JJ going pro when the time comes. Some guys want to go on and get started. Some enjoy being a college qb. We'll see how the season goes and how he does individually and if he goes, we wish him well and say next man up. If he stays then so much the better for Auburn.

I watched the first half of last year's Arkansas game last night. Jeremy Johnson is very, very good.

You forgot a very

I didn't want to over do it. You know how some people get too excited. You're right though.

What the heck.

Jeremy Johnson will be the first player selected in the 2016 NFL draft.

I feel the same thing. I actually saw a mock draft that had Hackenberg #1 overall and no Jeremy in the first

Keep in mind, they are in the same class

Archived