FSU's P.J. Williams Arrested for DUI

AU-24

If this was already posted, i do apologize.

I play football for FSU and I just want to go home!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/p-williams-dui-arrest-play-football-fsu-article-1.2173043

In November, the Times reported that Williams should have been charged with a hit and run on Oct. 5, but he walked away with only two traffic tickets.

Difference between "play" and "played". He's headed to the NFL so he was arrested. If he was still on the active roster, do you think it would have been different? He was let off before when he was....

I guess used to play football for FSU is good enough.

Those campus cops at FSU need body cams now.

Being so drunk he fell at the police station didn't count?

https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/260814687?access_key=key-zuXYEGpr4950waO0JzjF&allow_share=true&escape=false&view_mode=scroll

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2015/04/27/pj-williams-dui-charge-dropped/26461847/

The State Attorney's Office has dropped the DUI charge against former Florida State University cornerback P.J. Williams on April 3.

The no information in the case was filed about two hours ago, according to Assistant State Attorney Cayelan Loucks.

Based on reviewing video evidence of the arrest, the state said a jury would not be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Williams was driving and was doing so under the influence of alcohol.

"Significant portions of the DUI investigation were not captured on video due to the positioning of the officer's patrol vehicle," the no information filing says. "Jurors give the greatest weight to video evidence (when it is available) and, based on the camera placement during the officer's initial encounter with the defendant, as well as the location of the surveillance cameras at the jail, key observations of impairment made by the officer were not recorded and, therefore, are not available for a jury to consider."

Officers said Williams showed signs of impairment as he stepped out of his car but it was not captured on video, the filing said. The short time Williams was on camera "does not provide the jury with visible or audible evidence that would prove this defendant was impaired beyond a reasonable doubt."

https://www.scribd.c...iew_mode=scroll

http://www.tallahass...opped/26461847/

The State Attorney's Office has dropped the DUI charge against former Florida State University cornerback P.J. Williams on April 3.

The no information in the case was filed about two hours ago, according to Assistant State Attorney Cayelan Loucks.

Based on reviewing video evidence of the arrest, the state said a jury would not be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Williams was driving and was doing so under the influence of alcohol.

"Significant portions of the DUI investigation were not captured on video due to the positioning of the officer's patrol vehicle," the no information filing says. "Jurors give the greatest weight to video evidence (when it is available) and, based on the camera placement during the officer's initial encounter with the defendant, as well as the location of the surveillance cameras at the jail, key observations of impairment made by the officer were not recorded and, therefore, are not available for a jury to consider."

Officers said Williams showed signs of impairment as he stepped out of his car but it was not captured on video, the filing said. The short time Williams was on camera "does not provide the jury with visible or audible evidence that would prove this defendant was impaired beyond a reasonable doubt."

What about a breathalizer? Why does the jury have to have video evidence when the blood alcohol level is determined with the breathalizer?

It would be interesting to see the video...just sayin

What about a breathalizer? Why does the jury have to have video evidence when the blood alcohol level is determined with the breathalizer?

He refused the breathalizer

Gotcha - smart on his part, I suppose.

Gotcha - smart on his part, I suppose.

Yes and I believe that he refused the blood test at the station. I am not up to date on our Florida laws but I thought that if you refused both that your license is automatically suspended for a year. But since they are conveniently dropping the charges...makes you go hmmmm...now of course we don't know how many points he already has or if he was driving on a suspended license with the earlier trouble...

After reading the report...he was driving on a suspended license in a rental vehicle. So wonder how he was able to rent a vehicle....

After reading the report...he was driving on a suspended license in a rental vehicle. So wonder how he was able to rent a vehicle....

Perfectly logical explanation. I think what happened is: He didn't have the money to re-new his license, because he spent all his cash on the rental vehicle plus alcohol.

By-the-way, how does one rent a vehicle, without a current drivers license?

Perfectly logical explanation. I think what happened is: He didn't have the money to re-new his license, because he spent all his cash on the rental vehicle plus alcohol.

By-the-way, how does one rent a vehicle, without a current drivers license?

If you still have it in your possession then you could. The rental companies don't check whether it's suspended or not.

After Jameis Winston--pellet guns, rape accusations, crab legs, table standing and shouting obscenities in the cafeteria, dressing out & warming up for a game while suspended, etc.--I imagine players in Tallahassee may be understandably confused over what constitutes a heinous enough act to actually get in trouble for it. :-\

Archived