Who will rush for more yards this year

Newbomb

115 members have voted

1. 1. Which player will lead Auburn in rushing this year?

• Jeremy Johnson
    • Roc Thomas
    • Peyton Barber
    • Jovon Robinson
    • Soneone else

I think many have made up their minds on this question after watching the A day game. Now is the time to have some fun and see what everyone thinks.

I have got roc being far and away more explosive than any other back on the roster. I think he takes over completely by game 3. Just a hunch. not downing the other guys at all i am just purely hyped about roc

I think Roc looks vastly improved over last season. I wouldn't be shocked to see him take over. However, my $ is on Jovon. I still think Roc gets significant carries.

I voted for Roc on this one, mostly because I think that Jovon will be more of our ground-and-pound back whereas Roc can be our home run threat. Jovon may have more carries, but Roc should have more YPC.

Really depends on who gets the "hot hand"...CGM has always played the guy with the hot hand...just sayin.

I'll go with jovon. A day game results don't mean much. I think our hone runs are going to come in the passing game. Doesn't matter though in the end. Whoever it is will rack up a lot of yards and that is a good thing.

Went with Barber because I've been picking him to win the job for 2 years and only a coward would back out now.

Barber isn't going to start.

I'm going with Roc. He has had a great spring.

Went with Barber because I've been picking him to win the job for 2 years and only a coward would back out now.

So long as he protects the ball, he's got all the running talent in the world.

Really think we might have 3 1000 yard rushers or close to it, with JJ clipping another 400. My guess would be AU has a 4000/4000 year (rush yds/ pass yds) Know that sounds like a lot, but I expect this defense to cause some three and outs as well as turn-overs. Gus has been in the 6000-7000 yds total offense before and I think this is probably the best offense he has fielded. Got a feeling records will fall at AU this year. WDE

I agree. If Roc is the 1 cut runner he was Saturday & how the staff wants him to be he will be very tough to beat out. He just has to remember this ain't the Pac 12 where you can just Reggie Bush bounce it out a lot. This is the SEC where you make 21 cut & go.

I agree. If Roc is the 1 cut runner he was Saturday & how the staff wants him to be he will be very tough to beat out. He just has to remember this ain't the Pac 12 where you can just Reggie Bush bounce it out a lot. This is the SEC where you make 21 cut & go.

Hopefully he figured that out last year. I just hope he can stay healthy.

I just hope he can stay healthy.

Adding 10 lbs of muscle since last year should help that.

Most definitely! I just see the way he runs, and sometimes have to hold my breath.

Yup!

Me too.

I think Roc gonna get alot of screens thrown to him,so he well prob rush for 800,catch for 500...similar to Onterio McCalebb. So Jovon by default I say prob 1200 yds for him. I think Louis,Truitt,Smith gonna be deadly on the jet sweep. Johnson will run when he needs to,he might get 200 yards.

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I think these predictions for JJ rushing for 200-400 yards is way off.

In addition to scrambling for several first downs, I think we'll see a lot of designed runs (read option and power runs a la Cam). I am predicting JJ to get closer to 750-800 yards.

Btw, I picked Roc for the poll. He reminds me of Caddy! We may get to see what Caddy could have done in a Gus offense! ?

My guess is running back by committee for first half of the season with a feature back emerging for second half of season. All three backs and Jeremy Johnson will break 500 yards. 200-300 yards rushing a game will be great no matter who gets the carries and hopefully a good ground game to run clock in the fourth quarter.

Archived