Braxton Miller possibly Interested in Alabama

Texan4Auburn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what I have always wondered about this transfer thing. Is why these people get to be exempt from the rules of the graduate school as it appears they are. I will bet you that he has not taken the GRE or the GMAT yet. I will also bet that whatever program he goes to at Alabama (or any other school) the cut off for Fall admission ended in February at some point.

"Source at Alabama". Right. They probably are going to reveal the bagman too.

Sounds like wishful thinking from a team that has major QB issues.

It would be a very very big story PR move. It would also put him with an OC that can claim pro experience. I think he would be better utilized elsewhere but he may be thinking PR as much as anything ... And they need a QB

I would be very worried if Miller went to Bama. i realize a lot of their offense's success last season was due to Cooper, but Sims still had the whole thing running pretty well. Imagine throwing in an athlete like Miller and that team gets pretty scary. Let's hope he heads elsewhere

He's had 2 shoulder surgeries, right? Has he even played a meaningful snap since his second surgery?

No he didn't take a snap all last year

For that, I can't see bama taking him as a QB. They're into winning games, and Miller has a question mark over his head. It'd be less risky to just lean on Coker than take a guy from a different offensive scheme, who won't even get a chance to learn the offense until fall practice starts.

I could see them taking him for another position.

Saban passed on a guy with a shoulder problem and it cost him his shot at the NFL. I think he'll take Miller if the opportunity arises.

More because Miller is a proven Heisman caliber player than the NFL thing, though lol

What about those 5* QB recruits they've signed the last couple of years? And, let's not forget the 2014 Heisman candidate, Jacob Coker? Honestly, why would Bama need Miller?

yep... Don't they have two better than Coker currently riding the bench? So at what point do these guy sell all their crimson and move on to where they'd surely play?

yep... Don't they have two better than Coker currently riding the bench? So at what point do these guy sell all their crimson and move on to where they'd surely play?

Cornwell and Bateman are the backups I believe. Both pretty highly recruited if I'm not mistaken.

I read that 6 interceptions were thrown in their spring game, so maybe they really would be so desperate to hire...er, pick up Miller.

Listening to the talking heads - they all say that uat doesn't need him and don't think saban will be interested. They also talk about how great a guy everyone that knows coker says coker is, and that he has "a great understanding". They also buy into the hype that "it was real close" with him and Winston. Based on this I don't think saban wants him or they don't have a shot with him. I just believe if it was a real opportunity they would hype it up and talk about it like they did with the basketball coach that shot them down. Maybe they are just being cautious as to not end up with egg on their face again.

Meanwhile.....you, me, and uat faithful know they don't have a QB. Hard to run the "throw it to Cooper" offense without Cooper.

Listening to the talking heads - they all say that uat doesn't need him and don't think saban will be interested. They also talk about how great a guy everyone that knows coker says coker is, and that he has "a great understanding". They also buy into the hype that "it was real close" with him and Winston. Based on this I don't think saban wants him or they don't have a shot with him. I just believe if it was a real opportunity they would hype it up and talk about it like they did with the basketball coach that shot them down. Maybe they are just being cautious as to not end up with egg on their face again.

Meanwhile.....you, me, and uat faithful know they don't have a QB. Hard to run the "throw it to Cooper" offense without Cooper.

Agree....they would not even return his phone calls if there was any confidence at all in the current crop of QBs at UAT. As for me.....I would prefer that UAT stick with all their 4* and 5* QBs. Despite his flaws, Miller can be very dangerous and is probably better than anyone at UAT now.

Unless I remember wrong, wasn't it Saban who lead the crusade to make sure we didn't get Russell Wilson back in 2011? He said something to the effect, that we don't need to go the one and done route, like they have in basketball. So all of a sudden, he switches his position. Imagine that. Just like on 1 versus 4 year scholarships, and the need to run a faster pace offense. And as always, the state sports media doesn't call him on it. No player should be allowed to transfer after spring practice, and be allowed to not sit out any time, just so he can play elsewhere. If Miller wants to transfer, he should have done it earlier. At least he has finally came out in opposition to the satellite camps, but only after other coaches complained about it. Better late than never to the truth.

Miller graduates in May which is what makes him eligible to play immediately. The rules are the rules. Seems to be rewarding a student that did his work in class. This is a fairly rare occurrence. I have no problems with it. I hope he goes elsewhere though.

Could Urban Meyer block his transfer (or does that not apply to graduate transfers)? Because I wouldn't put it past Meyer to block Miller's transfer to any other national contender.

Could Urban Meyer block his transfer (or does that not apply to graduate transfers)? Because I wouldn't put it past Meyer to block Miller's transfer to any other national contender.

Miller graduates in a few weeks - Neither Meyer or OSU can hinder him from leaving. This is exactly like Jacob Coker from FSU last year ~ once the student athlete graduates they are free to take their talents to any program that will have them.

They are students first and athletes second - I admire the one's that take that seriously and work hard to earn a degree. The NCAA obviously feels the same way, as there are no rules in place to prevent a graduate from going where they wish.

I would be very worried if Miller went to Bama. i realize a lot of their offense's success last season was due to Cooper, but Sims still had the whole thing running pretty well. Imagine throwing in an athlete like Miller and that team gets pretty scary. Let's hope he heads elsewhere

I wouldn't be too concerned. While OSU has great QB's, the guy is transferring because he knows he can't beat the other 2 for the starting position. It has been mentioned that he has had 2 shoulder injuries and pretty much not played for a couple of years. Just don't see him making much of a difference unless their QB's are just awful.

I wouldn't be too concerned. While OSU has great QB's, the guy is transferring because he knows he can't beat the other 2 for the starting position. It has been mentioned that he has had 2 shoulder injuries and pretty much not played for a couple of years. Just don't see him making much of a difference unless their QB's are just awful.

Even with the bum shoulders he will be roughly as dangerous as Nick Marshall was for AU. Miller is a great athlete that doesn't need to use his arms/shoulders to make a defense pay big time considering the level of talent that will be around him.

I'm not sure you really know what you're talking about.

Miller played the entire 2013 season and was scary good throwing for 2,000 yards (24 TDs/7 INTs) and running for 1,000 yards with 12 TDs. He was probably the odds-on favorite to win the Heisman until he got hurt just before last season started. Ohio State just happens to have 3 absolute studs at QB.

Even with the bum shoulders he will be roughly as dangerous as Nick Marshall was for AU. Miller is a great athlete that doesn't need to use his arms/shoulders to make a defense pay big time considering the level of talent that will be around him.

No matter his shortcomings, Miller is probably quite a bit better than anyone that Bama has now. NS would be foolish not to take him if he could get him.....I mean, last year they took Coker who had no creds at all. Saban knows the condition of his QB situation.

Archived