High expectations nationally for JJ

WarEagle84

We have had two of the calmest qb's under pressure that I can recall seeing in a long time. Both CN and NM were off the chart when it came to staying calm/cool/collected during a last minute drive to win a game. JJ has all the tools to be a great qb but let's see how he handles the week in and week out pressure of being the AU qb. Hopefully he will not need to have too many (if any) game winning drives at the end of a game but we all know that it is going to happen and we just need to see how he handles that kind of pressure.

I realize this is a completely different level of pressure, but Jeremy has been a star for lomg time. Winning Mr. Football and being runner up basketball he is used to seeing his name in headlines. I don't expect any of this love he is getting will affect him all that much.

This media love fest is all wonderful for us but too much pressure too soon on JJ. Really, if we hadn't had a guy that physically looks like JJ named Cam Newton would this limelight be so intense right now? Jeremy's resounding moment was one half against Arkansas which he played well. I believe spring football is not a lone indicator but I also believe Spring games gives some insight. JJ threw more than one poor pass incompletion to open receivers when under zero pressure and would have been picked more than once (including on a TD pass) had the secondary not been inept on the play. Fournette is getting similar national hype before doing...or not doing...all that much. JJ seems to have a level head, that will help him understand opposing Ds read too.

The lsu hb haven't done much??? Smh. Lol

This media love fest is all wonderful for us but too much pressure too soon on JJ. Really, if we hadn't had a guy that physically looks like JJ named Cam Newton would this limelight be so intense right now? Jeremy's resounding moment was one half against Arkansas which he played well. I believe spring football is not a lone indicator but I also believe Spring games gives some insight. JJ threw more than one poor pass incompletion to open receivers when under zero pressure and would have been picked more than once (including on a TD pass) had the secondary not been inept on the play. Fournette is getting similar national hype before doing...or not doing...all that much. JJ seems to have a level head, that will help him understand opposing Ds read too.

The lsu hb haven't done much??? Smh. Lol

My jaw dropped when I read that part. Lol Canuck go home you're drunk.

• 2 weeks later...

Leonard fournette at LSU was 7th in rushing last year. In the SEC. He tied for 5th in yards per carry. Surprised at you Clayton, unlike smartascoal256 you're usually an astute customer. It's probably the single game awesome performance against neutered Dame that has some all a-titter about fournette. Of course he might yet earn that heisman praise too...

Lol. Dude get real, you might be a great hockey mind but everybody on here knows you don't know football.

Leonard fournette at LSU was 7th in rushing last year. In the SEC. He tied for 5th in yards per carry. Surprised at you Clayton, unlike smartascoal256 you're usually an astute customer. It's probably the single game awesome performance against neutered Dame that has some all a-titter about fournette. Of course he might yet earn that heisman praise too...

I was more thinking about this http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=flAZz8mEIOo

5th in yards per carry as a freshman in one of the best years for SEC RB in a long time on a team that had zero passing threat. He might not have looked as good as Chubb, but Fournette can ball, and if LSU manages to find a mediocre QB he will put up monster numbers for 2-3 years. Back to JJ, he has looked good in ever real game he has ever played in, and I would be extremely surprised if he doesn't set a new AU passing record this season

I would also be surprised if he doesn't earn himself a statue in front Jordan-Hare

I would also be surprised if he doesn't earn himself a statue in front Jordan-Hare

And there is the bar being officially set too high. Those are for Heisman winners. Way too much to actually expect from anyone pretty much ever.

And there is the bar being officially set too high. Those are for Heisman winners. Way too much to actually expect from anyone pretty much ever.

Johnson is getting some heisman chatter already, but yeah lets calm down a little bit

It's all hype at this point. The proof will be in the pudding.

But I've got a real good feeling about this guy. :wareagle:

You like pudding?

Every time JJ got in a game last year you could just see the receivers eyes light up. They knew all they had to was get a step and the ball was going to be there. I think he is going to be great and the offense is going to be off the charts. Sure the new center is a concern but that is the only one I see and we have two good options there. I really think we will be stronger at RB because we also have several options there and they all have different strengths.

But I've got a real good feeling about this guy. :wareagle:/>

You like pudding?

Lol

But I've got a real good feeling about this guy. :wareagle:

You like pudding?

Who doesn't. :dunno: Especially shaky pudding. ;)

I'm just glad we were able to get him from the Titans where he played linebacker for Denzel Washington and switch him to quarterback.

I have always said he looks a lot like Julius

I'm just glad we were able to get him from the Titans where he played linebacker for Denzel Washington and switch him to quarterback.

0.jpghqdefault.jpgJust in case someone hasn't seen the greatest movie of all time

0.jpghqdefault.jpgJust in case someone hasn't seen the greatest movie of all time

avon.jpg

Also one of the greatest television shows of all time(the Wire).

Every time JJ got in a game last year you could just see the receivers eyes light up. They knew all they had to was get a step and the ball was going to be there. I think he is going to be great and the offense is going to be off the charts. Sure the new center is a concern but that is the only one I see and we have two good options there. I really think we will be stronger at RB because we also have several options there and they all have different strengths.

My thoughts also...

It's not like JJ has to do it all on his own.

And if there's one thing Gus Malzahn has proven over and over in his career, it's that he can adjust his offense to fit the talent available.

I just hope we don't drop one of the first 4 games. It usually takes Gus 3-4 games to fully understand, in a game setting, really what his QB and the rest of the offense is comfortable with. We probably would've beaten LSU in 2013 if we had focused on the zone read the entire game.

Archived