ESPN 300 released

gravejd

3 currently committed AU players on the list with the highest being #68 Craig. Several highly rated guys that we hope to land. Hopefully we'll see more AUs on the list in the coming months!

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2016/order/true

How is Miami recruiting so well? Have they looked around at football games to see the 15,000 fans at the games?

It is mainly because they have so many commitments this early in the process. They will get passed by many schools later in the process.

Interesting, I know Craig was injured last year, but if I remember correctly ESPN had him in the top 10 last year.

at one point I think he was the top prospect on top of number one receiver.

Interesting, I know Craig was injured last year, but if I remember correctly ESPN had him in the top 10 last year.

They weren't. They were on the low end of his rankings.

How is Miami recruiting so well? Have they looked around at football games to see the 15,000 fans at the games?

It's very skewed. They have almost 2 times as many commits as any other team. Using last Year's composite final rankings the current Miami class would be 18 in the nation in terms of quality of recruit. Their quality is descent but not great.

at one point I think he was the top prospect on top of number one receiver.

On Rivals. He has only dropped to #5 overall & still the #1 WR now.

I see 8 on the top 125 that AU is in very good shape with. And that list is AUful.

I agree on the awful. ESPN is a joke when it comes to recruiting.

I see 8 on the top 125 that AU is in very good shape with. And that list is AUful.

lol. I'm pretty sure he said AUful because it's full of AU targets, not awful as in bad. I could be wrong though.

Either way ESPN has something to hang their hat on. They're not Scout. Scout is by far the worst & 2nd is not even in the same country.

lol. I'm pretty sure he said AUful because it's full of AU targets, not awful as in bad. I could be wrong though.

Either way ESPN has something to hang their hat on. They're not Scout. Scout is by far the worst & 2nd is not even in the same country.

Mine from worst to best is Scout, ESPN, Rivals, 247.

I just realized 5 of our 6 commits are 4*s on ESPN & Threat is only 3 OLB spots away from being a 4*.

Jonah Williams is rated the #3 OT and #27 overall prospect. It's a good thing that we didn't want him...

Does anyone have any info on McTelvin Agim & Treyvon Mullen? They listed AU among their favorites early on, but no word from them lately. We really need to get them on campus this Spring. I'm pretty shocked that we really haven't recruited Arkansas well at all with the connections that Malzahn, Lashlee, & Horton have in that state.

Jonah Williams is rated the #3 OT and #27 overall prospect. It's a good thing that we didn't want him...

Does anyone have any info on McTelvin Agim & Treyvon Mullen? They listed AU among their favorites early on, but no word from them lately. We really need to get them on campus this Spring. I'm pretty shocked that we really haven't recruited Arkansas well at all with the connections that Malzahn, Lashlee, & Horton have in that state.

Not too much talent out of Arkansas this year...

Not too much talent out of Arkansas this year...

^^This^^

Did I miss something? :dunno:

David Marshall is committed as a DE. As things stand right now we are taking 2 more at most. Marlon Davidson has 1 spot when he wants it.. There are others higher on the board than Agim if we take another DE.

As for Mullen IDK where he is on the staff's CB board but we look to be taking 3 & John Broussard looks to be taking 1 of those spots in a couple weeks.

Did I miss something? :dunno:

He wasn't a take for AU the last month or so before he committed to Bama. They have other OTs higher on their board. 3 I know of are Juaun Williams, Garrett Bolles, & Robert Kraeling.

Did I miss something? :dunno:/>

He wasn't a take for AU the last month or so before he committed to Bama. They have other OTs higher on their board. 3 I know of are Juaun Williams, Garrett Bolles, & Robert Kraeling.

I would have taken Jonah in a heartbeat. I know they want a top flight OT,, but dang to pass on Jonah was crazy.

24/7 currently has Auburn's 2016 recruiting class ranked #25 and Bama #20. Michigan State (which has yet to sign an in-state player this year) just jumped us this weekend.

fwiw

I would have taken Jonah in a heartbeat.

Yeah. A number of people feel not making Jonah a priority was a mistake.

24/7 currently has Auburn's 2016 recruiting class ranked #25 and Bama #20. Michigan State (which has yet to sign an in-state player this year) just jumped us this weekend.

fwiw

I've seen high school football in Michigan up close. There's a reason for this ;D

I would have taken Jonah in a heartbeat.

Yeah. A number of people feel not making Jonah a priority was a mistake.

Do you mean a number of people within the Auburn football program or just fans? Surely, the coaches know exactly why he is or was not a take. I seriously doubt that our coaches put that much emphasis on the ESPN rankings to cause them to second guess their decisions.

Archived