Chargers new stadium will shoot lightning bolts

cooltigger21

The propoaed new stadium in Carson California that will house the Chargers and Raiders features a 120 foot tower that will shoot lightning when the chargers score. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25161232/chargers-new-stadium-gets-complete-redesign-might-shoot-lightning-bolts

Haven't followed this much... so will the Raiders now become the L.A. Raiders again or will they retain Oakland as their city moniker?

I presume they'll be called the LA Raiders. Carson is a suburb of LA.

Wait, so the Chargers get lightning bolts and the Raiders just get a burning cauldron? That seems like a bit of a let down...

Also, why would San Diego want to share a stadium that is two hours away from their city?

Also, why would San Diego want to share a stadium that is two hours away from their city?

Chargers have been after a new stadium for years. They've been probably the most talked about team for getting football back in LA. NFL would like to have two teams there and the economics dictate two teams for one stadium. This thing is going to cost around 2 billion, all privately financed.

Chargers have been after a new stadium for years. They've been probably the most talked about team for getting football back in LA. NFL would like to have two teams there and the economics dictate two teams for one stadium. This thing is going to cost around 2 billion, all privately financed.

Is there any indication that the Chargers will become the L.A. Chargers? Based on geography, it just seems like they'd have to.

Is there any indication that the Chargers will become the L.A. Chargers? Based on geography, it just seems like they'd have to.

I imagine so just as the Raiders will also be called the LA Raiders once again

It's reported the franchise will have an "L.A. face with an Oakland booty".

HA!!!I can't believe this hasn't gotten more love. Must be a lot of youngsters around that doesn't get it. :)

HA!!!I can't believe this hasn't gotten more love. Must be a lot of youngsters around that doesn't get it. :)

. :)

HA!!!I can't believe this hasn't gotten more love. Must be a lot of youngsters around that doesn't get it. :)/>

. :)/>

been an NFL fan since the 70's. Can't say I've heard of that.

. :)

Did you listen to the radio in 1992? ;)

HA!!!I can't believe this hasn't gotten more love. Must be a lot of youngsters around that doesn't get it. :)/>

Did you listen to the radio in 1992? ;)/>

Some but not a whole lot. Don't recall hearing that.

Did you listen to the radio in 1992? ;)/>

Some but not a whole lot. Don't recall hearing that.

Google "Baby Got Back". A total classic.

Archived