Hillary: Religious beliefs must change for the sake of abortion rights

TitanTiger

Paging Mr. Orwell...

...“Far too many women are denied access to reproductive health care and safe childbirth, and laws don’t count for much if they’re not enforced. Rights have to exist in practice — not just on paper,” Clinton said.

“Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will,” she explained. “And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed. As I have said and as I believe, the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies is the great unfinished business of the 21st century and not just for women but for everyone — and not just in far away countries but right here in the United States.”...

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/23/hillary-on-abortion-deep-seated-cultural-codes-religious-beliefs-and-structural-biases-have-to-be-changed/

Paging Mr. Orwell...

...“Far too many women are denied access to reproductive health care and safe childbirth, and laws don’t count for much if they’re not enforced. Rights have to exist in practice — not just on paper,” Clinton said.

“Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will,” she explained. “And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed. As I have said and as I believe, the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies is the great unfinished business of the 21st century and not just for women but for everyone — and not just in far away countries but right here in the United States.”...

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/23/hillary-on-abortion-deep-seated-cultural-codes-religious-beliefs-and-structural-biases-have-to-be-changed/

I want to hear more from her concerning what you put in bold. Got my attention.

It appears to me that, the word "abortion" has been strategically and disingenuously inserted for the purposes of rallying the religious right.

In my opinion, the problem with the religious right is, they want to inject themselves into government and politics but, they do not want the government or the political opposition imposing upon them. The result is another phony "War on ______________" hysteria that becomes a shouting match of extreme views and, drowns out rational, moderate ones.

I doubt those who lead the political "Christian" movement are any more genuine than the average TV evangelist.

I have to admit though, it is impossible for me to reconcile the message, and love, of Jesus Christ with anything political.

Archived