House GOP Rebels Blame Party Leaders As Donations Fall

homersapien

Interesting insight as to how the current system works. (Please don't take this as partisan jab, I am sure it's applicable to both sides.)

Politics is first about money...

http://www.huffingto..._n_7142088.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — As he began his first re-election run in early 2013, tea party Rep. Thomas Massie had no trouble raising money from business interests.

Then came 2015.

The Kentucky Republican voted against returning John Boehner, R-Ohio, to the speaker's job and opposed an effort by GOP leaders to avoid a standoff with President Barack Obama over immigration that threatened to shut down the Department of Homeland Security.

In the first three months of 2013, Massie reported $46,000 rolling in from tobacco, trucking, health care and other industries. During the first quarter of 2015, Massie has collected just $1,000 from political action committees, which funnel contributions to candidates from business, labor or ideological interests. That money came from the conservative Eagle Forum.

Massie and some other conservatives say the reason their business contributions have fallen is simple: GOP leaders are retaliating for their defiance....

"Those who don't go along to get along aren't going to get as many PAC checks," Massie said last week, using the acronym for political action committees.

None offers concrete proof that top Republicans are behind the contribution falloff. But they say the evidence is clear......

A good rule of thumb when voting in your primary- Democratic or Republican- is when torn between two or more candidates, let the tiebreaker be the one who has the least money in their campaign coffers. I usually vote for they guy who has the least money. My guy usually loses, but I sleep better.

Maybe the GOP could be rolling in ca$h were it not for morals.......

Archived