A Return to the Peace Party

JoeBags7277

So far as I can tell, the GOP has put together another clown car of losers, hell bent on a belligerent, chest-thumping foreign policy that would make Ike, Robert Taft, and our founders roll in their graves- with the exception of one Rand Paul. They might be "Muricah, F-Yeah!!!" conservatives, but the aren't fiscal conservatives, and should face ridicule whenever they claim to be.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/a-return-to-the-peace-party/

Thank you , Ms. Wasserman-Shultz.

Cruz attended high school at Faith West Academy in Katy, Texas,[27] and later graduated from Second Baptist High School in Houston as valedictorian in 1988.[28][26][29] During high school, Cruz participated in a Houston-based group called the Free Market Education Foundation where he learned about free-market economic philosophers such as Milton Friedman, Friedrich Hayek, Frédéric Bastiat and Ludwig von Mises.[30] The program was run by Rolland Storey and Cruz entered the program at the age of 13.[24]

Cruz graduated cum laude from Princeton University with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy[31] from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs in 1992.[4][6] While at Princeton, he competed for the American Whig-Cliosophic Society's Debate Panel and won the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship.[32] In 1992, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year, as well as Team of the Year, with his debate partner, David Panton.[32] Cruz and Panton represented Harvard Law School at the 1995 World Debating Championship, making it to the semi-finals, where they lost to a team from Australia.[33][34][35]Princeton's debate team later named their annual novice championship after Cruz.[35]

Cruz's senior thesis on the separation of powers, titled "Clipping the Wings of Angels," draws its inspiration from a passage attributed to President James Madison: "If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary." Cruz argued that the drafters of the Constitution intended to protect the rights of their constituents, and that the last two items in the Bill of Rights offer an explicit stop against an all-powerful state. Cruz wrote: "They simply do so from different directions. The Tenth stops new powers, and the Ninth fortifies all other rights, or non-powers."[36][37]

After graduating from Princeton, Cruz attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.[6][38] While at Harvard Law, he was a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review.[4] Referring to Cruz's time as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant."[39][40] At Harvard Law, Cruz was a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics.[10]

Cruz currently serves on the Board of Advisors of the Texas Review of Law and Politics.[10][41]

yeah, what a bozo.

It wasnt the Tea Party that hijacked the Reps, it was the Militario-Industrial Complex Neo-Cons.

We have a contractor that works for the Fed Govt that we work with. The company moto is"Where there is Confusion, there is profit."

It really should read, "Where there is war, or the threat of war, there is profit."

Cruz attended high school at Faith West Academy in Katy, Texas,[27] and later graduated from Second Baptist High School in Houston as valedictorian in 1988.[28][26][29] During high school, Cruz participated in a Houston-based group called the Free Market Education Foundation where he learned about free-market economic philosophers such as Milton Friedman, Friedrich Hayek, Frédéric Bastiat and Ludwig von Mises.[30] The program was run by Rolland Storey and Cruz entered the program at the age of 13.[24]

Cruz graduated cum laude from Princeton University with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy[31] from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs in 1992.[4][6] While at Princeton, he competed for the American Whig-Cliosophic Society's Debate Panel and won the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship.[32] In 1992, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year, as well as Team of the Year, with his debate partner, David Panton.[32] Cruz and Panton represented Harvard Law School at the 1995 World Debating Championship, making it to the semi-finals, where they lost to a team from Australia.[33][34][35]Princeton's debate team later named their annual novice championship after Cruz.[35]

Cruz's senior thesis on the separation of powers, titled "Clipping the Wings of Angels," draws its inspiration from a passage attributed to President James Madison: "If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary." Cruz argued that the drafters of the Constitution intended to protect the rights of their constituents, and that the last two items in the Bill of Rights offer an explicit stop against an all-powerful state. Cruz wrote: "They simply do so from different directions. The Tenth stops new powers, and the Ninth fortifies all other rights, or non-powers."[36][37]

After graduating from Princeton, Cruz attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.[6][38] While at Harvard Law, he was a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review.[4] Referring to Cruz's time as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant."[39][40] At Harvard Law, Cruz was a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics.[10]

Cruz currently serves on the Board of Advisors of the Texas Review of Law and Politics.[10][41]

yeah, what a bozo.

Yes, D W-S is really big on Rand Paul... :-\

yeah, what a bozo.

Never called him a bozo, just someone who probably isn't going to win. And he's been a major disappointment on foreign policy. Not to mention, the fact that he is literally in bed with Goldman Sachs. I put him a class below Rand, and a class above the trotskyite warmongers.

Here's. What you said ...

" So far as I can tell, the GOP has put together another clown car of losers "

Cruz is anything but a clown.

I love the real fear on display by the leftists !!!

I love the real fear on display by the leftists !!!

Just thought I'd clear something up: us leftists have no fear of Cruz, Carson, or Rubio. We have more fear of Walker, but that will shake out. By far, on the left, the biggest fear is Paul because he will siphon away young voters.

Jeb Bush is the most palatable option, which is strangely ironic and causes us to drink.

I also hereby motion that the GOP changes it's name to the "'Murica, F-Yeah!" party, just for ish n giggles. Can you imagine the intro to the presidential debates?

I'd give a dollar to hear Candy Crawley say it.

The reference to a clown car is exactly what Debbie Wasserman Shultz called the GOP field running for President. I find it curious that it gets repeated here , in the OP.

Ironic, as Deb is herself the big mouth clown for the Dems, with her bozo hair , no less.

The reference to a clown car is exactly what Debbie Wasserman Shultz called the GOP field running for President. I find it curious that it gets repeated here , in the OP.

Ironic, as Deb is herself the big mouth clown for the Dems, with her bozo hair , no less.

Its a pretty common expression, at least amongst non passengers. And yes, there's one in the left and right lane.

Correct. He's a loser who crawled out of the clown car.

Hmmmm. 87 uses the same cliche' as Debbie W-S. Conspiracy? Triple secret talking points?

Or could it possibly be that's why it's call a cliche'?

:-\

Is it cool if I fear them all?

Haven't seen a candidate from either side that I think can do a good job.

If nothing changes, I either won't vote, or I'll pencil in Gus's name, he turned Auburn around pretty quickly.

Archived