NFL's billion dollar concussion settlement

AU64

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/judge-oks-65-deal-over-nfl-concussions-could-211756759--nfl.html

Now that it looks like the precedent has been set with a BILLION dollar settlement over 65 years for NFL players, how much will the NCAA set aside for to cover concussion liability .....and when will it start accumulating the money....and more important ....how much money will it take?

Considering that probably 100 times more players participate in NCAA football at all levels as will have played in the NFL and likely qualified or a future payout ....can anyone do the math for the potential liability for the NCAA ?...and does this eventually chase down to high schools?

Are we seeing the beginning end of combative sports at all levels in the US ?

I have heard a few people suggest this is the beginning of the end for football. I have a hard time believing it. I suspect what will happen is that kids will be asked to sign something like an informed consent document in the future. As for a lawsuit against the NCAA, that may well happen. I have no idea of the liability calculation.

Archived