JH15 Letter from Texas Ranger

Weegle777

From a sometimes crazy conspiracy site, but an interesting read nonetheless.

TIFWIW.

http://www.americasfreedomfighters.com/2015/04/29/texas-ranger-drops-jade-helm-bombshell-there-are-trains-with-shackles-on-them/

A letter sent to Dave Hodges at The Common Sense Show by a concerned Texas Ranger indicates that the government is preparing for a scenario similar to what has been described in William Forstchen’s recent novella Day of Wrath in which ISIS terrorists cross the southern border of the United States and simultaneously attack soft targets across the nation.

But the letter doesn’t stop there. The Ranger, who has kept his identify private for obvious reasons and makes clear that the scope of Jade Helm is so secret that the intent is not completely clear, says that the JH15 mission objectives may go much farther than just preparing for terrorists. According to the law enforcement insider there are trains moving throughout Texas and some of them have been outfitted with shackles, presumably to “transport prisoners of some sort.” The claim adds further credence to a report about Jade Helm dissident roundups and arrests and widespread martial law declarations following an emergency.

His letter sheds some light on the Walmart store closings, suggesting at least one may be utilized in a national security capacity as a staging point for the Department of Homeland Security, an agency that is apparently not trusted by anyone within the Texas Rangers organization, according to the source.

It will take another major attack for America to take this War seriously. Sad...

"Crazy" is not limited by race, gender, religious faith, or profession. A Texas Ranger (or a radio show host) is just as susceptible to paranoia and delusion as anyone else.

...assuming the letter writer is indeed a Texas Ranger. Since the writer insists on anonymity and provides no verifiable clue as to his/her authenticity, credentials, or information sources, we have no way of knowing if he/she is a Texas Ranger, a resident of a mental institution, a 16-year-old pulling a prank, a lone nut looking for attention (albeit anonymous attention), or even an ISIS operative spreading fear and division.

But a few details are sufficient for me to have serious doubts about these claims:

1. The U.S. passenger rail system would be a piss-poor way to transport large numbers of prisoners. It's aged, it's inflexible in where it reaches, and its tracks and trains are easily disabled or attacked in the event of armed insurrection. There are plenty of buses available for such purposes--in fact, plenty of prison or law enforcement buses/vans already equipped for handling prisoners--that could be commandeered in the event of martial law which would be far more flexible in use and for more easy to hide/reroute/protect in such an operation.

2. While I have no doubt that small bands of terrorists would love, and probably have investigated or attempted, crossing of our borders from the north or the south...or the coast, the existence of enough ISIS forces in Mexico to fill train loads of prison trains would be obvious and would have been reported by both the Mexican and U.S. governments already (not to mention the free press). In any event, why focus on the Texas border, which is already one of the best guarded (even if not sufficiently to halt surreptitious illegal immigration), and leads only to one of the best armed and most resistant civilian populations in the country. Wouldn't the Canadian border, or even California, be a far softer target?

3. Judging from the other articles and even the ads on both the AFF and Hodges/"Common Sense Show" websites, I have no reason to believe either is objective, factual, or operates within a framework of rational unbiased motive.

Armed invasion by mass ISIS forces from Mexico is ludicrous. Their limited resources are already committed to a war in Iraq/Syria in which they are on the retreat. Why divert assets to a doomed large-scale invasion of Texas when they are fighting for their very existence in the Middle East? Not to mention uniting the U.S. population against their cause and bringing the full brunt of American land, sea, and air power against them in their homeland, as 9/11 did against the Taliban and Al Qaeda in Afghanistan? Both Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein learned the lesson of underestimating the resolve of the United States if pushed too far. In one way I almost wish they would throw away their resources with such an attempt. Such an invasion could not hope to succeed against the combined force of the U.S. military, law enforcement resources (including the Rangers) in place in Texas, and the large armed and defiant population of that state. American casualties during the failed attempt would be regrettable and most unfortunate, but it would only weaken their strength in the Middle East while invoking massive counterattack.

Of course I also consider the other alleged threat--declaration of martial law or armed takeover by a Federal dictatorship--equally ludicrous, but that's merely my opinion and I know there are those right-wing radicals who believe differently. I acknowledge their right to such an opinion, absurd and ludicrous as it seems to me

"Crazy" is not limited by race, gender, religious faith, or profession. A Texas Ranger (or a radio show host) is just as susceptible to paranoia and delusion as anyone else.

...assuming the letter writer is indeed a Texas Ranger. Since the writer insists on anonymity and provides no verifiable clue as to his/her authenticity, credentials, or information sources, we have no way of knowing if he/she is a Texas Ranger, a resident of a mental institution, a 16-year-old pulling a prank, a lone nut looking for attention (albeit anonymous attention), or even an ISIS operative spreading fear and division.

But a few details are sufficient for me to have serious doubts about these claims:

1. The U.S. passenger rail system would be a piss-poor way to transport large numbers of prisoners. It's aged, it's inflexible in where it reaches, and its tracks and trains are easily disabled or attacked in the event of armed insurrection. There are plenty of buses available for such purposes--in fact, plenty of prison or law enforcement buses/vans already equipped for handling prisoners--that could be commandeered in the event of martial law which would be far more flexible in use and for more easy to hide/reroute/protect in such an operation.

2. While I have no doubt that small bands of terrorists would love, and probably have investigated or attempted, crossing of our borders from the north or the south...or the coast, the existence of enough ISIS forces in Mexico to fill train loads of prison trains would be obvious and would have been reported by both the Mexican and U.S. governments already (not to mention the free press). In any event, why focus on the Texas border, which is already one of the best guarded (even if not sufficiently to halt surreptitious illegal immigration), and leads only to one of the best armed and most resistant civilian populations in the country. Wouldn't the Canadian border, or even California, be a far softer target?

3. Judging from the other articles and even the ads on both the AFF and Hodges/"Common Sense Show" websites, I have no reason to believe either is objective, factual, or operates within a framework of rational unbiased motive.

Armed invasion by mass ISIS forces from Mexico is ludicrous. Their limited resources all already committed to a war in Iraq/Syria in which they are on the retreat. Why divert assets to a doomed large-scale invasion of Texas when they are fighting for their very existence in the Middle East? Not to mention uniting the U.S. population against their cause and bringing the full brunt of American land, sea, and air power against them in their homeland, as 9/11 did against the Taliban and Al Qaeda in Afghanistan? Both Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein learned the lesson of underestimating the resolve of the United States if pushed too far. In one way I almost wish they would throw away their resources with such an attempt. Such an invasion could not hope to succeed against the combined force of the U.S. military, law enforcement resources (including the Rangers) in place in Texas, and the large armed and defiant population of that state. American casualties during the failed attempt would be regrettable and most unfortunate, but it would only weaken their strength in the Middle East while invoking massive counterattack.

Of course I also consider the other alleged threat--declaration of martial law or armed takeover by a Federal dictatorship--equally ludicrous, but that's merely my opinion and I know there are those right-wing radicals who believe differently. I acknowledge their right to such an opinion, absurd and ludicrous as it seems to me

Well I tend to agree but I don't think ISIS is looking for a mass invasion. I think that islamic terrorists are looking for a target of opportunity and will be a small group or even just individuals executing one particular action like a 9/11 but not at even that level. I think that any that are in Mexico are there because they can get friendly treatment and even protection from govt. by the drug gangs. Also while not exactly the same they are close enough to at least pass from a distance as far as appearance. We have a lot of border patrol but in reality that border is as leaky as a screen door.. They don't have to come at us from outside when they're doing such a bang up job of recruiting people that are already here.

Gov. Abbott must be reading all the consipiracy sites. He has ordered the state guard to monitor the military during JH15.

Ouch. TexasTiger, Texan4Auburn and TigerNTexas, I'm sorry your governor is apparently a loon. Bright side, though. At least he's somewhat better than the prior one:

6d47f3799110796f7739b8000d7e115b85048e71f0d2bd38caeec01ea8ab264c.jpg

It will take another major attack for America to take this War seriously. Sad...

We are spending hundreds of billions of dollars on counter-terrorism. What are we not doing that makes you believe we are not serious?

Well I tend to agree but I don't think ISIS is looking for a mass invasion. I think that islamic terrorists are looking for a target of opportunity and will be a small group or even just individuals executing one particular action like a 9/11 but not at even that level.

We agree on that.

And such an isolated incident hardly requires the re-purposing of a WalMart or the creation of "prison trains" as per the conspiracy theorists.

Also, and this is just my impression or opinion, ISIS doesn't seem as focused on international acts of terrorism per se as on territorial gain, unlike say Al-Qaeda or terrorist groups of the past. Most of their operations have concentrated in areas like Syria, Iraq, Libya, etc. where they have some expectation of seizing territorial or governmental control.

Gov. Abbott must be reading all the consipiracy sites. He has ordered the state guard to monitor the military during JH15.

I saw that. And if I were a taxpayer of Texas, I would be greatly offended by such waste of my tax dollars. Surely the Texas National Guard has better things to do with their time...like, perhaps, patrolling the border?

Also, for the paranoid out there: Do they not realize that, in the event of such an alleged coup, the Feds can nationalize the Guard and place them under the command of the federal government/Pentagon?

Ouch. TexasTiger, Texan4Auburn and TigerNTexas, I'm sorry your governor is apparently a loon. Bright side, though. At least he's somewhat better than the prior one:

;D:thumbsup:

We are spending hundreds of billions of dollars on counter-terrorism. What are we not doing that makes you believe we are not serious?

This is a very revealing question. You do realize the Veterans Admin is the second highest funded govt agency but I'd have to say they're anything but serious about really solving the problems that plague them. Money spent does not necessarily equate to really being serious because its taxpayer money which seems to propagate misappropriation and incompetency.

This is a very revealing question. You do realize the Veterans Admin is the second highest funded govt agency but I'd have to say they're anything but serious about really solving the problems that plague them. Money spent does not necessarily equate to really being serious because its taxpayer money which seems to propagate misappropriation and incompetency.

DHS gets a lot of money but they are spending it on all kinds of things that are not related to terrorism or anything that has to do with homeland security.

Frankly, we seem to be on the wrong side of every terrorism trend...have misread every ME event of the last 6 years, mis-characterized the most serious threat as a JV team, are in retreat in the region that spawns most of the terrorists and in general our anti-terror policies consist of kill anyone we can with a drone; intel be damned. So I do not assume we are using $$ wisely or effectively. In fact, we seem to have, by design, relatively little human-intel involved in the war on terror.

Frankly, we seem to be on the wrong side of every terrorism trend...have misread every ME event of the last 6 years, mis-characterized the most serious threat as a JV team, are in retreat in the region that spawns most of the terrorists and in general our anti-terror policies consist of kill anyone we can with a drone; intel be damned. So I do not assume we are using $$ wisely or effectively. In fact, we seem to have, by design, relatively little human-intel involved in the war on terror.

Even when we get the intel, we often ignore it. As an example, the Mumbai attacks.

Very true and a very good point. It is an indicator but, far from an absolute.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/the-perils-political-paranoia-texas

"...What’s especially interesting to me is the frequency with which the line blurs between elected officials’ concerns and fringe crackpots’ conspiracy theories. Indeed, it was just a couple of months ago that Texas state lawmakers held a hearing about the non-existent threat of the United Nations taking control of the Alamo."

So, what space is left for satire? :dunno:

http://www.msnbc.com...-paranoia-texas

"...What’s especially interesting to me is the frequency with which the line blurs between elected officials’ concerns and fringe crackpots’ conspiracy theories. Indeed, it was just a couple of months ago that Texas state lawmakers held a hearing about the non-existent threat of the United Nations taking control of the Alamo."

It is real. It was on infowars and teaparty.org.

Something that bothers me with conspiracy theories that predict some sort of totalitarian coup is that it seems disrespectful to our military personnel. The "citizen-soldier" is long honorable tradition in our country that predates the Declaration of Independence. The very first line of the oath they take on enlistment is: "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.." They also have a duty to refuse an illegal or immoral order. To imply that large numbers (enough for a successful coup) of our brave men and women in the armed forces would side with a coup overthrowing the freedoms protected by our Constitution is, imho, disrespectful and disloyal to the very citizen-soldiers that guard our freedom!

I had a similar feeling about the "Swift Boaters" attack on John Kerry's medals from Vietnam. It's fine for anyone to dislike John Kerry (or any other politician). I thank God that I live in a nation where we can freely express our opinion of our leaders or wannabe leaders, and I'm grateful for every member of the armed forces that offers his/her life in defense of that freedom. But to me, the attacks on Kerry's medals and whether or not he was deserving of them was an attack on the very system of military honors and the policies/procedures by which such honors are awarded. And by extension, questioning the system that awards medals casts doubt upon any such medals, and dishonors the bravery of all other recipients of military medals.

...my opinion/belief. Not trying to force it on anyone else.

Pretty sure Perry probably belongs on the 60 day DL with the rest of the Rangers pitching staff atm.

Didn't read the article cause McAfee site advisor gave the whoa get me out of here on it.

That's my point.

That's my point.

I know. That was my point.

That's my point.

I know. That was my point.

Look at it this way: If those boneheads in Austin weren't wasting time on this kind of nonsense, they might do some real damage by applying the same level of "intellect" to important serious issues!

Archived