Elijah Daniel arrested; dismissed from team

alexava

Auburn defensive end Elijah Daniel was arrested and booked Wednesday on several theft- and burglary-related charges, according to jail records.

Daniel was booked on four theft of property charges ranging from first to third degree, including two third-degree charges, and four burglary charges ranging from second to third degree. His bond totals $24,000, according to online records.

Two of the theft charges and one burglary charge are classified as felonies.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn is "aware of the situation" and Daniel has been suspended indefinitely.

http://www.al.com/au...art_more_sports

Elijah Daniel booked @ Lee Cnty Detention Cntr @ 8:48 pm, per Lee Cnty Sheriff Jay Jones. Still in custody, $24K bond

@JamesCrepea

Updated 5/02/15 Gus dismisses Elijah ...

CECnoYlW8AEchJ6.png

THIS REALLY SUCKS.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We fine at end plenty of bodies to fill the void.Cowart was prob gonna start opposite Lawson anyways.We just cant lose DTs. He is an idiot. Happens when ya get the better recruits.Tuberville recruited two and three stars and I dont remember alot of off the field issues.

I heard the news today about Cyrus Jones and thought 'gee, how nice it is to have an offseason where no Auburn players get arrested.' Guess I jinxed it.

I heard the news today about Cyrus Jones and thought 'gee, how nice it is to have an offseason where no Auburn players get arrested.' Guess I jinxed it.

Everyone blame this guy.

Dammit guy! Why ya gotta go and jinx us!

Everyone blame this guy.

Everyone blame this guy.

It's just so hard not to pile on huh? Kick them while they are down but jinxed us

Dammit guy! Why ya gotta go and jinx us!

This is why I don't gloat about kids that play for other teams getting into trouble. It can happen in any program anywhere, including AU. Crying shame for Daniel. Full ride to a great university and it's all thrown away just like that.

Guilty until proven innocent?

Weak tea. Most burglaries/property crimes go unsolved. That they have effected an arrest for property crime/burglary tells me that they have evidence that is strong enough to convict. If it worked like most busts in these kinds of cases, he either left a trail or ran his mouth to someone who talked.

Uggghhhh ........ It is what it is. Confident Gus will handle it as it needs to be ...... I hate it but like I said it is what it is. Move forward folks..... if they can't keep it out of the ditches with the opportunity and guidance they have been given at Auburn then it is what it is! They black eye sucks but we will be better for it in the long run .... WDE everybody

It is hard on these young men to deal with so much especially coming from some of their backgrounds. They are asked to shoulder a dramatic amount. Work hard over 12 hours per day for no paycheck. They get a free education some would argue. You can get the same education for "$6 and late fines at the local library". Albeit without the diploma. You only need a diploma if you are planning to work for someone else or if it is a requirement of your chosen profession. If universities are going to ask players to work like this then the universites need to find a way compensate them so they don't need to break the law to take a girl on a date. Take a look at the amount of money these kids will get if they sell the stolen items, it isn't much. Lunch money for many that are on this board.

Two guys vying fo a girl's attention. One is a scholarship athlete and the other works while going to school on an academic scholarship. Which can better afford to spend money while out with his date?

Huh????

Poor students are eligible for pell grants ... Whether they are athletes or not. Being poor and wanting to take a girl out for ice cream does not justify being a felon.

He is perfectly welcome to quit the football team, get a burger flipping job and take his young lady out for ice cream with the fat paycheck.

If the charges are true ... He is the sole person responsible.

Shameful. He put himself ahead of the team!

It is hard on these young men to deal with so much especially coming from some of their backgrounds. They are asked to shoulder a dramatic amount. Work hard over 12 hours per day for no paycheck. They get a free education some would argue. You can get the same education for "$6 and late fines at the local library". Albeit without the diploma. You only need a diploma if you are planning to work for someone else or if it is a requirement of your chosen profession. If universities are going to ask players to work like this then the universites need to find a way compensate them so they don't need to break the law to take a girl on a date. Take a look at the amount of money these kids will get if they sell the stolen items, it isn't much. Lunch money for many that are on this board.

Two guys vying fo a girl's attention. One is a scholarship athlete and the other works while going to school on an academic scholarship. Which can better afford to spend money while out with his date?

:-\

Huh????

Poor students are eligible for pell grants ... Whether they are athletes or not. Being poor and wanting to take a girl out for ice cream does not justify being a felon.

He is perfectly welcome to quit the football team, get a burger flipping job and take his young lady out for ice cream with the fat paycheck.

It's all relative. Some poor guys stationed at a fire base in Afghanistan going on combat patrols would love to trade places with scholarship college athletes.

Huh????

It's all relative. Some poor guys stationed at a fire base in Afghanistan going on combat patrols would love to trade places with scholarship college athletes.

BOOM!!!! Great post. There's no excuse for this. If the girl isn't supportive and/or smart enough to know he'll probably be able to afford all the ice cream she'll ever want, she doesn't need to be around.

Archived