Elijah Daniel arrested; dismissed from team

alexava

I'll still support Elijah and not matter what happens as far as his status on the team but i hope he learns a valuable lesson. It may be a lesson he has to learn at a different school though...pending the results. I'm going to wait until all the evidence comes out but he still shouldn't even be in this situation in the first place.

exactly. Nick and cam both redeemed themselves after drinking their medicine. That is likely what #97 will do. I will wish him well.

absotively. Let's hope he learns a big lesson. If he gets convicted, he's going to do some time. His football days are likely over.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Daniels put himself in his current situation because of his own actions. I hate that he was so stupid.... but I'm not willing to excuse what he did because it's going to be tough on him. He chose to break the law and now he has to suffer the consequences of his behavior. The only way he can change his life is to learn from this very bad choice and the only way to learn is to feel the pain. It's a shame he wasn't taught that lesson as a child.

His life doesn't have to be ruined if he can take a good hard look at himself and decide to live differently.

this

Yep....far easier to be sympathetic when a guy is involved in a stupid incident...but this apparently was a planned criminal spree against fellow students....not some stupid decision on the spur of the moment. I see no reason to be anything but glad that the guys were caught.

I just wanna throw up! How can these guys not see what is available to them as a potential future? I was not that brilliant as an 18 - 20 year old while I was in AU but damn! Just look at the headlines over the past 20 years and learn from other people's mistakes instead of creating your own headline. What does that get you but a giant bucket of piss?

What's sad is he could be lost forever! I pray Our Maker can reach him in a way that inspires him to redeem his situation. Look at Brogher Chet and what he has brought to the program. Hope Hope Hope!

As Coach Dye said, we will all wrestle with those Angels. I hope he listens! GOD BLESS AUBURN

Hopefully he can enter a pre-trial diversion program as a youthful and first offender. That will hopefully give him a chance to get his life back on track. What he did was totally stupid and you can't get around that. As Forrest Gump's mama said, stupid is as stupid does. But most of us did stupid stuff when we were kids. And Remember, Gus gave Nick Marshall a second chance in asimilar situation. Hopefully Elijah can get past this a someone will give him a second chance.

Hopefully he can enter a pre-trial diversion program as a youthful and first offender. That will hopefully give him a chance to get his life back on track. What he did was totally stupid and you can't get around that. As Forrest Gump's mama said, stupid is as stupid does. But most of us did stupid stuff when we were kids. And Remember, Gus gave Nick Marshall a second chance in asimilar situation. Hopefully Elijah can get past this a someone will give him a second chance.

The second chance for Nick did not involve a conspiracy that appears to have serious jail time potential. JMO but a stupid incident is not the same as a crime spree.

But you can definitely draw parallels between working with two other former teammates to steal from students in the dorm (Daniel) and working with a current teammate to steal from another teammate (Marshall). Not exactly a stretch to compare the two. The difference comes in the value of the things taken and the number of charges. The former is a felony; the latter was a misdemeanor. I hope Daniel avoids a significant prison sentence; I don't care if he gets a second chance to football.

I hope that this turns out where the young man is innocent. I know if that is the case, CGM will let him back on the team. It just sickens you to hear this type of behavior occurring. I can say without reservation, the vast majority of our team is made up with young men that are good people with a strong character. I will pray that this young man can get his life turned around.

The second chance for Nick did not involve a conspiracy that appears to have serious jail time potential. JMO but a stupid incident is not the same as a crime spree.

Fanboys need to stop the nauseous cheer leading of criminals who just happen to play "THE sport" of Fanboy's favorite team. FWIW, I don't think Gus should have given NM a second chance for what he did at uga. I also think without NM, we would have never come close to winning the SEC West in 2013, much less playing for the BCS Championship.

wde

Fanboys need to stop the nauseous cheer leading of criminals who just happen to play "THE sport" of Fanboy's favorite team. FWIW, I don't think Gus should have given NM a second chance for what he did at uga. I also think without NM, we would have never come close to winning the SEC West in 2013, much less playing for the BCS Championship.

wde

Just for the record, far as I know, Neither Gus us nor any other coach has ever levied much more than a game or two penalty for the type of misdemeanor that Nick was involved with at AU.... and the UGa incident had occurred at least 2 years before he arrived at AU and far as I know he had paid whatever penalty that was imposed before he arrived at AU.

I have lobbied against AU being "second chance U" for quite a while, mostly swimming against the tide of public opinion on this board.....as there are usually a handful of people shouting "holier than though", self-righteous, etc. and of course we have a couple well-known youthful offenders on scholarship at AU right now.

If Auburn wants to tighten the standards on things like that, the PTBs have my vote. Unfortunately with ED, it appears what we had was a burglary ring operating in the dorms with a level of criminal activity rivaling that of the trailer park bandits. Nobody getting a second chance, anywhere, for that kind of stuff IMO.

wde

Just for the record, far as I know, Neither Gus us nor any other coach has ever levied much more than a game or two penalty for the type of misdemeanor that Nick was involved with at AU.... and the UGa incident had occurred at least 2 years before he arrived at AU and far as I know he had paid whatever penalty that was imposed before he arrived at AU.

I have lobbied against AU being "second chance U" for quite a while, mostly swimming against the tide of public opinion on this board.....as there are usually a handful of people shouting "holier than though", self-righteous, etc. and of course we have a couple well-known youthful offenders on scholarship at AU right now.

If Auburn wants to tighten the standards on things like that, the PTBs have my vote. Unfortunately with ED, it appears what we had was a burglary ring operating in the dorms with a level of criminal activity rivaling that of the trailer park bandits. Nobody getting a second chance, anywhere, for that kind of stuff IMO.

I know you have and I am not really trying to bang on you too hard with my post because I do not consider you to be a fanboy for the coddled, self-important "student"-athletes of our most popular sports. Just because our coaches recruit/sign these kids does not make them any different from the kids recruited/signed by spuat/uga/lsu/uf/ohio state/usce/uscw, etc. We are all recruiting from the same gene pool and genetics do not change no matter who they sign with.

The same goes for coaches, just because a certain coach played for AU does not make them a good coach or a good person just because they played for AU.

wde

The only decent thing coming out of this is the fact that people will stop saying and spelling his name wrong. Daniel.

Fixed.....happy now?

The only decent thing coming out of this is the fact that people will stop saying and spelling his name wrong. Daniel.

Fixed.....happy now?

Wasn't directed towards you. Directed towards everyone over the last two years of him being here. It doesn't really matter now though does it?

Fixed.....happy now?

Wasn't directed towards you. Directed towards everyone over the last two years of him being here. It doesn't really matter now though does it?

Fixed.....happy now?

Well that sounded snarkier than I intended.....I really meant it as more good natured than it seems after reading it again.

I happen to agree with you on getting the names right.

Archived