Auburn NFL Draft Thread

AU-24

There was that weird rumor earlier in his career about a confrontation at the McDonald's on Mag. Same accusation that he was shouting racial slurs. No idea if that one's true, but clearly, he was viewed as a potential Incognito without the upside. Hopefully he works his butt off and sticks in Pittsburgh.

I forgot about that one.

But if he was some "huge racist" that someone is trying to portray him as, he sure wouldn't have been in Auburn very long.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What am I missing with this Dismukes thing? Bad teammate?

Good question. Led his team to two SEC championships and a national title.

Bad workouts, awful senior bowl, and average measurables.

That and it seemed like he didnt have alot of success with someone lined up directly over him. Lots of 3-4 teams in the NFL

if those are legit concerns then so be it. Great college players are not always suited for the pros. I hope Reese has success.

Dismukes is one of the few that probably would've been better off just leaver ing as a JR

very rare at Auburn for those words to be said

Why? He only won the Remington. The draft didn't work out well but the teams would have had the same information on him then.

In my book, Dismukes is already an Auburn legend because of the way he defended his locker room against a bammer recruiting against them. Funny how that got twisted around though..

The off the field issue thing would be BS if a guy like DBG can get taken day two. Frankly I think the bigger problem is that he doesn't have good measurables and isn't getting a lot of credit because of the system he played in. Similar to Lee Ziemba, who was also a 4 year starter and All-American, yet had to wait until the seventh round, despite being at a position that teams prioritize a lot more than center

AUBURN -- Nick Marshall is headed to Jacksonville as an undrafted free agent, according to a source.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/auburnauthority/2015/05/02/nick-marshall-signs-with-jacksonville-jaguars/26799433/

Can you imagine how potent a zone read package would be with NM and denard Robinson in the same backfield for a wildcat package? Bortles looks like he could play like a tight end in that package. Excellent place for him to end up. Corey Grant too.

There was that weird rumor earlier in his career about a confrontation at the McDonald's on Mag. Same accusation that he was shouting racial slurs. No idea if that one's true, but clearly, he was viewed as a potential Incognito without the upside. Hopefully he works his butt off and sticks in Pittsburgh.

I forgot about that one.

But if he was some "huge racist" that someone is trying to portray him as, he sure wouldn't have been in Auburn very long.

didn't he get suspended early on for being cited for disorderly conduct, drunk in public, underage As well?

Brandon Marcello on why Dismukes wasn't drafted:

Concerns about Dismukes' character were voiced by teams leading up to the draft, according to WalterFootball.com.

"Sources question Dismukes' ability to fit in a locker room," according to the WalterFootball.com report. "Teams have some off-the-field concerns about him as a person, and they aren't sure that he will be a good teammate to all segments of the locker room."

http://www.al.com/au...fl_draft_1.html

This is simply BS.

Ziemba was easy to explain. He couldn't play Tackle in the NFL (short reach, feet weren't quick enough, etc.) so he was looking at a position change. Teams didn't think he had the girth to play Guard. That proved to be true. He was out of the league in just over two years with 6 games played (including one banned substance suspension and one trip to the IR).

I'm a bit surprised by Dismukes getting passed over, but honestly, I was surprised by his measurables.

Teams didn't think he had the girth to play Guard. That proved to be true.

He was ~320 pounds. It wasn't a lack of weight, he just wasn't a very good athlete by NFL standards. Didn't possess the athleticism to stick in the NFL, period.

The off the field issue thing would be BS if a guy like DBG can get taken day two.

DGB is a Top ~15 talent. I'm sure this won't surprise you, but talent will get you more leeway. Even without the supposed off-field concerns Dismukes had poor anchoring ability in the middle and is therefore schematically limited. That is why his "off-field" stuff played a bigger impact on his stock than someone like DGB.

The off the field issue thing would be BS if a guy like DBG can get taken day two.

DGB is a Top ~15 talent. I'm sure this won't surprise you, but talent will get you more leeway. Even without the supposed off-field concerns Dismukes had poor anchoring ability in the middle and is therefore schematically limited. That is why his "off-field" stuff played a bigger impact on his stock than someone like DGB.

I don't have any complaints if we have a guy that just isn't good enough to be drafted. I am stunned to hear that Dismukes was a problem in the locker room though. That is what I have issues with.

Crazy stat ...

@slmandel: Florida, which finished 96th in total offense last year, had 6 offensive players drafted, more than any Spurrier/Zook/Meyer year.

Crazy stat ...

@slmandel: Florida, which finished 96th in total offense last year, had 6 offensive players drafted, more than any Spurrier/Zook/Meyer year.

O.O Muschamp must really not know offense lol

I don't have any complaints if we have a guy that just isn't good enough to be drafted. I am stunned to hear that Dismukes was a problem in the locker room though. That is what I have issues with.

All the proof you need of what the NFL is.....Jameis Winston. Nuff said

I think the Steelers are getting a steal in Reese. Pittsburgh got Sammie, Reese and almost signed Nick Marshall as a F.A.

Dismukes was viewed as one of the top two centers in college football the past two years along with Oregon's Hroniss Grasu, who was drafted in the third round by the Chicago Bears.

Auburn offensive line coach J.B. Grimes said Dismukes was "by far" the smartest offensive lineman he's ever coached.

"He is a guy that will glom on to the NFL terminology and the protections and all those kind of things that we don't do," Grimes said. "But he'll be a guy that will be running your whole line in no time."

So I guess Winston is all the proof one needs of what college football is, also?

So I guess Winston is all the proof one needs of what Florida State football is, also?

FIFY. :)

So I guess Winston is all the proof one needs of what Florida State football is, also?

FIFY. :)

Yeah, I was using sarcasm to point out the fallacy in the comment I was responding to.

therezie is going to shock alot of atlanta, short but he's a ball hawk for sure

Archived