Muschamp Effect

RunInRed

Interesting. Chris Kirschner at "College Football Fanbuzz" (fanbuzz.com) Saturday referred to this as proof of "how bad a coaching job Will Muschamp did" because UF had " all these draft picks" (6 on offense...one player WR Debose had 9 touches @ UF since 2012) but still had a horrible O. My response I guess is it's good he's our DC and not our OC?

None of the players drafted were a QB, Muschamp tied his fate to Driskell and he ended up a dud. Therefore Muschamp got fired bc of terrible QB play despite the offensive talent he had.

Interesting. Chris Kirschner at "College Football Fanbuzz" (fanbuzz.com) Saturday referred to this as proof of "how bad a coaching job Will Muschamp did" because UF had " all these draft picks" (6 on offense...one player WR Debose had 9 touches @ UF since 2012) but still had a horrible O. My response I guess is it's good he's our DC and not our OC?

i hate those kind of blanket pundit statements. We had the Remington award winner and one of the most dynamic dual threat QB's in the country not drafted. Some kids project to NFL and some don't - for different reasons. (I have to admit I'd be a little frustrated if I was a UF fan)

QB was always his problem. UF is like the Houston Texans of the NCAA. I am not convinced he would be our DC right now if he had access to a legit SEC QB.

I posted this in the NFL Draft thread but here's another crazy Muschamp/Florida Draft stat ...

Florida, which finished 96th in total offense last year, had 6 offensive players drafted, more than any Spurrier/Zook/Meyer year.

@slmandel

His offenses were the victims of his defenses consistently going three and out. The offense was constantly fatigued from being on the field so much.

Never heard of the guy. And this take of his is oversimplified to the point of being downright dumb. As others have said, UF has really struggled with QB play (not to mention the effect of coordinator turnover in an attempt to fix the offense.) But outside of that, it doesn't take into account all the starts lost due to injury, and UF for whatever reason had a whole passel of injured starters in WM's last two seasons. (The one season where they remained basically healthy, they won 11 games.)

His offenses were the victims of his defenses consistently going three and out. The offense was constantly fatigued from being on the field so much.

:lol: That's what you get with these hurry-up, no-huddle defenses they're running these days.

Archived