and we’ll make sure that those individuals will be held accountable.

DKW 86

http://dailycaller.c...-comment-video/

“So wish you didn’t use that phrase?” Todd followed up.

“I certainly used the wrong phrase to talk about what was clear that there were people who took advantage of the peaceful demonstrator’s First Amendment right, and they used it to destroy our city,” the Baltimore mayor said. “And I don’t condone it, and we’ll make sure that those individuals will be held accountable.

Anyone want a bet on just how many folks R-B actually holds accountable?

Zero.......

“You know, I certainly think that it was taken out of context,” Rawlings-Blake started. “Let me say this: I’m from Baltimore, my parents are from here, I’m raising my daughter here. I’m a public defender. As city council person, as mayor, I’ve always worked to strengthen my city. We fought to get those stores in our community. I would never condone rioting. Just period. I would never condone it.”

No, we don't know that it was, Madam Mayor. Because you also reportedly said this...

" Let them loot. It's only proptery " Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake

“You know, I certainly think that it was taken out of context,” Rawlings-Blake started. “Let me say this: I’m from Baltimore, my parents are from here, I’m raising my daughter here. I’m a public defender. As city council person, as mayor, I’ve always worked to strengthen my city. We fought to get those stores in our community. I would never condone rioting. Just period. I would never condone it.”

No, we don't know that it was, Madam Mayor. Because you also reportedly said this...

" Let them loot. It's only proptery " Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake

Words have meaning.....Learn or perish.

homer, she made two statements publicly.

If she cant back them up, it is okay to call her out on them.

If you guys aren't presented with a clear villain in everything that happens, you have to make up one. :-\/>

You can't call the rioters & looters the clear villains?

Really ?

If you guys aren't presented with a clear villain in everything that happens, you have to make up one. :-\/>

You can't call the rioters & looters the clear villains?

Really ?

Well apparently, it's the mayor who's at fault here.

Can you hold someone accountable when they feel they have nothing to lose?

YES, especially if their actions ruined lives and caused $millions in damages. The law is the law. If we cant hold people accountable because they say they're disenfranchized wouldn't that be tantamount to giving people license to do anything they wish regardless of the harm or damage done to others.

The mayor ( and prosecutor ) may very well have bitten off more than they can chew here.

YES, especially if their actions ruined lives and caused $millions in damages. The law is the law. If we cant hold people accountable because they say they're disenfranchized wouldn't that be tantamount to giving people license to do anything they wish regardless of the harm or damage done to others.

Then how do you intend to "hold them accountable"?

Lock 'em up. At some point they'll realize what they had to lose but, even if they dont, the world will be a safer place with them being incarcerated. As difficult as it may be for you comprehend, law enforcement is to protect law abiding citizens. Those who do not follow the law must be willing to accept the consequences of their actions whether they think they have anything to lose or not.

Lock 'em up. At some point they'll realize what they had to lose but, even if they dont, the world will be a safer place with them being incarcerated. As difficult as it may be for you comprehend, law enforcement is to protect law abiding citizens. Those who do not follow the law must be willing to accept the consequences of their actions whether they think they have anything to lose or not.

I am not so sure they are terrified of that prospect. What do they stand to lose? Social status? Property? Hope? Mobility?

I am not so sure they are terrified of that prospect. What do they stand to lose? Social status? Property? Hope? Mobility?

their freedom and that is A LOT. I realize you may not feel freedom is that big a deal but go to prison for 10 years then get back to me and we'll revisit the topic. Again, its not about the criminals perspective..its about protecting law abiding citizens. Do you not get that at all?

their freedom and that is A LOT. I realize you may not feel freedom is that big a deal but go to prison for 10 years then get back to me and we'll revisit the topic. Again, its not about the criminals perspective..its about protecting law abiding citizens. Do you not get that at all?

I think you have unwittingly defined part of the problem. Neither your concept and value of freedom, nor mine, has anything to do with it. Ignoring the perspective of people with "nothing to lose" may not be as practical in reality as it is on the surface. I think, at some point, you have to take a step back and look at the cost of "locking them all up" and, whether or not you are effectively dealing with the problem in the long-term. You may even have to question whether or not you are actually perpetuating the problem.

I wonder if fiscal "conservatives" ever weigh the costs of crime, policing, and incarceration against the costs of social programs. I wonder if the private prison industry and the judges who are stockholders actually care?

Because, "Lock'em up" is working so well! aclu-imprisonment.jpg

A lot of young black males should stop committing so much crime then, huh ?

Because, "Lock'em up" is working so well! aclu-imprisonment.jpg

Raptor, ever noticed how the people who always seem to have problems with the police are criminals?

I think you have unwittingly defined part of the problem. Neither your concept and value of freedom, nor mine, has anything to do with it. Ignoring the perspective of people with "nothing to lose" may not be as practical in reality as it is on the surface. I think, at some point, you have to take a step back and look at the cost of "locking them all up" and, whether or not you are effectively dealing with the problem in the long-term. You may even have to question whether or not you are actually perpetuating the problem.

So let me get this straight. On the one hand, you argue the success of New Deal-Great Society Welfare state then on the other argue that those who are receiving those well designed benefits are disenfranchised to the point of feeling like they have nothing left to lose? How in the world do you reconcile the disparity of logic you embrace to support the tried and false solutions espoused by the left. I should have known it would digress into a quantitative analysis of economics as there is nothing else that you people have to go to since you have financed the destruction of the family unit.

"These problems, largely, have their root in the first matter highlighted above – that many municipal police departments face increasing and unrelenting pressure from city hall to fill increasingly wide gaps in revenue with money from fines and citations. Even a well-intentioned police officer who respects freedom, the citizenry, and vulnerable populations can succumb to temptation when his paycheck and his ability to feed his family is put on the line. And in those cases, where legitimate offenses do not occur, he will be sorely tempted to create them, and to create them among the portion of the populace that is least likely to complain and least likely to be believed when they do complain: non-wealthy black citizens." http://www.redstate.com/2015/03/15/many-conservatives-blowing-it-ferguson-doj-report/

Archived