Anti Muslim Group's Cartoon Contest Attacked

AFDI's Prophet drawing contest in Garland was attacked by two men ( potential (not identified yet) extremist, terrorist, dickheads, a**holes.. whatever you want to label them). Both the men were killed.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ntest-shooting/

Chief of PD says anything that doesn't come out of his mouth atm is not true.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there are cartoons involved that puts anything Muslim on the defense, there will be shots fired. Such as the Danish Cartoon crisis.

But put a cross in a glass of urine, it's a stroke of art & free speech. <_<

How long before Josh Ernest steps up top the mic and calls this satirical art contest violence? This admins track record of handling events of domestic terrorism gives no reason to believe they will call it what it is.

This wasn't about free speech. This was about baiting. Gellar and her group are just like Sharpton and gang. She got what she wanted and potentially put many lives in danger to accomplish that task. Individuals such as herself will not be happy until they get their full blown war, which is exactly what the other side wants. It isn't one that is going to take place across a body of water away from the US either. It is one that will be fought on the streets of our cities.

This wasn't about free speech. This was about baiting. Gellar and her group are just like Sharpton and gang. She got what she wanted and potentially put many lives in danger to accomplish that task. Individuals such as herself will not be happy until they get their full blown war, which is exactly what the other side wants. It isn't one that is going to take place across a body of water away from the US either. It is one that will be fought on the streets of our cities.

Free speech is about being able to offend bud and it is a civil society's obligation to accept it w/o killing people over it. Once we allow Muslims to dictate the limits of our 1st amendment rights we have lost. There are art shows that desecrate Christian symbols ALL the time and I dont recall anyone getting murdered over it.

It was about free speech, but yes, she got exactly what she wanted.

No one rioted after Piss Christ, or The Book of Mormon appeared on Broadway, did they ? Of course not, because no one would believe that Christians or Mormons would react in such violent, thuggish, barbaric ways as Muslims do.

This was totally about having the freedom to show this art and demonstrate free speech. Gellar is nothing like Sharpton. please explain how they are the same? Sharpton exploits people and situation after it happens, Gellar is different, who was exploited? The purps? They did it to themselves. Oh and if Gellar was like Sharpton she would already be in jail as they would have thrown her in due to tax evasion but sharpton gets away with it and after a couple of fires there are no records...makes you go hmmm...I would like to see the winning pictures but I guess the media won't post them...afraid they would hurt someones feelings...but they have no problem showing pictures of people desecrating other's religious icons and calling that art...

Just to be clear, I absolutely, positively condemn the two shooters in this attack! There is ZERO justification for what they did. I condemn all violence. And freedom of speech, freedom to express our thoughts/beliefs/ideas without persecution, is possibly the most important right of all to a healthy democracy.

But I also have trouble believing a noble defense of free speech was the innocent motive of the organizers of this event, not fomenting anti-Muslim sentiment.. Even the citizens of what is presumably a typically conservative small Texas town were uncomfortable with the event and its organizers' motives. The organizers absolutely have the right to hate Muslims and to voice that hate, even through silly cartoons if they wish. However, do they have the right to ignore all possible consequences of their actions or to attract danger toward innocent citizens?

Give me a break.

The lady is a anit-Muslim racist that held a hate event under the guise of free speech with the purpose of inciting violence to further her cause with zero regards for the lives of those in the community. Just like all the other baiters. Free speech was an afterthought and Gellar used it like a cheap whore for justification. She exploited the previous situation and the community that occurred regarding Muslims previously in Garland. Unless people really think it was some kind of coincidence that she chose Garland and the exact same civic center.

Sister works in Garland and still has her connections from her time at the DPD. She knew about the event for weeks, what was being said about it and its purpose, there is a reason she made sure to take today off from work.

You guys stick with the it was entirely about free speech bit, I will go with the things I got from family that live near and work in the community that heard the discussions leading up to it first hand.

She can hate all she wants, but Quiet gets it..... do they have the right to ignore potential deadly consequences they bring about on others.

It will be interesting to see if this brings about a clearer definition of what constitutes "fighting words" and the First Amendment.

The point of this was to demonstrate the difference of our beliefs vs theirs. Everyone wants to shut up about Islamic terrorism and not call it what it is.

Give me a break.

The lady is a anit-Muslim racist that held a hate event under the guise of free speech with the purpose of inciting violence to further her cause with zero regards for the lives of those in the community. Just like all the other baiters. Free speech was an afterthought and Gellar used it like a cheap whore for justification. She exploited the previous situation and the community that occurred regarding Muslims previously in Garland. Unless people really think it was some kind of coincidence that she chose Garland and the exact same civic center.

Sister works in Garland and still has her connections from her time at the DPD. She knew about the event for weeks, what was being said about it and its purpose, there is a reason she made sure to take today off from work.

You guys stick with the it was entirely about free speech bit, I will go with the things I got from family that live near and work in the community that heard the discussions leading up to it first hand.

She can hate all she wants, but Quiet gets it..... do they have the right to ignore potential deadly consequences they bring about on others.

It will be interesting to see if this brings about a clearer definition of what constitutes "fighting words" and the First Amendment.

Go with anything you wish thats your call. Regardless what the intent was, they didn't break the law. Its always fun seeing seeing the moral outrage of those who are offended by satire of Mohammed. Not surprisingly, I never hear a peep out of them about widespread desecration of Christ and Christianity. They are not above everyone else and simply because they threaten to kill anyone who makes fun of their prophet doesn't mean people cannot do it. Clearly, people are tired of their savagery and their persecution of Christians and Jews.

Give me a break.

Go with anything you wish thats your call. Regardless what the intent was, they didn't break the law. Its always fun seeing seeing the moral outrage of those who are offended by satire of Mohammed. Not surprisingly, I never hear a peep out of them about widespread desecration of Christ and Christianity. They are not above everyone else and simply because they threaten to kill anyone who makes fun of their prophet doesn't mean people cannot do it. Clearly, people are tired of their savagery and their persecution of Christians and Jews.

Let a guy stick a crucifix in a jar of urine and he'll be celebrated. Christians don't riot or go kill him. Let someone say something about Mohammed and the reaction is they had it coming when someone attacks them.

Accusing ms Geller of " hate ", while Muslim radicals tried to carry out mass murder ?

Here's your sign .

I do think the msm are playing up the isis claims of being involved are over the top. No proof so far has been found, & isis more likely is trying to ride the coattails of the attack for free PR reasons.

Props to DHS, CIA, DOJ, FBI & the military for... oh, wait. Never mind. They all did jack squat in stopping this attack. A local traffic cop with a sidearm took out the perps with two head shots.

Gun control = a firm grip & a steady aim.

As radical Muslims persecute Christians and Jews daily chopping off their heads and kidnapping their children to sell into slavery, all some can see is the "hate" perpetrated by Ms Gellar at an art exhibition no less. Its really unbelievable.

Is this the point where I post the number of Muslims killed executing the war on terror?

Is this the point where I post the number of Muslims killed executing the war on terror?

Sure but obviously whatever the number obviously there are plenty more out there seeking martyrdom.. Look at the ME and northern Africa. Trying to blame that on the US is ridiculous. Sure those people hate us but guess what? They've hated Christians and Jews throughout their history. Its who they are and what they do.

Number of Muslims killed in war on terror for being Muslim is exactly zero.

Funny how some ignore that detail.

Not true.

Funny how someone who is in the military blames his own country for for everything. Really odd.

Oh so now you'll go and find where I've blamed my country for 'everything?' Of course you won't because you are a coward. I've made it known that I don't like extrajudicial killings via drone strikes. It goes against the just-war theory. So coward yes, there have been Muslims killed solely because they are Muslim.

Funny how someone who is in the military blames his own country for for everything. Really odd.

He probably has to to cover his arse. Obama has garnered the retirement of virtually ALL of those in the military community who were publicly not towing his line of blaming America first and espousing preemptive capitulation as a negotiating strategy

Not true.

Completely true.

Not true.

Could you point to anyone we killed simply for being Muslim?

Archived