2016 4* CB Trayvon Mullen

ellitor

He just tweeted ...

Auburn is in the mix hard with with me

@Mullen_1era

Given T-Rob's ability to recruit & develop CBs I would not be surprised if we land him.

image.png

Trayvon Mullen, CB

Pompano Beach, FL (Coconut Creek)

Ht: 6'2 | Wt: 175 | 40: 4.37

- Recruiter: T-Rob (P)

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 46, No. 5 CB)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 18, No. 2 CB)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals100 - No. 74, No. 4 CB)

Scout: 4* (Scout Rank No. 85, No. 6 CB)

Composite average 4* (No. 38, No. 5 CB)

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Cincinnati, Clemson, Colorado, Colorado State, FIU, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Southern, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Massachusetts, Miami (Fl.), Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Northern Illinois, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Rutgers, South Carolina, South Florida, Syracuse, TCU, Temple Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCF, UCLA, West Virginia and Wisconsin, among others.

Hudl Highlights

CESPr_VPW0_AAPA3y.jpg

He and John Broussard would be our two CBs.

Staff is leaning towards taking 3.

I think it'll depend on how we play this year. I heard two, but it'll end up being three probably you're right.

2 if Joe Turner is back on the team.

Wait a second, I thought that was just a rumor. I hope he comes back but I didn't know that was actually tangible.

He's been off the team per nearly every site. What makes you think he's coming back. Also I think taking a 3rd depends on how the freshmen plus how Roberts & Dirty Mike develop as well as if J. Jones goes pro or not. 3 would be the safe pick IMO.

Wait a second, I thought that was just a rumor. I hope he comes back but I didn't know that was actually tangible.

It would do him good but not AU good IMO. From everything I've heard I don't see him giving any quality on field contributions.

He's been off the team per nearly every site. What makes you think he's coming back. Also I think taking a 3rd depends on how the freshmen plus how Roberts & Dirty Mike develop as well as if J. Jones goes pro or not. 3 would be the safe pick IMO.

What makes AL.com think? http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/05/exiled_defensive_back_could_re.html

What makes AL.com think? http://www.al.com/au...k_could_re.html

Because Gus told them which I did not know about when I posted. From everything I've heard from close to the team I still don't think if Turner gets back on the team that it will effect us taking a 3rd DB or not. He's really not expected to contribute much.

I hate to take this down a potential rabbit hole, but I've heard very little about Nick Ruffin lately. Anyone know what to expect from him this year?

2nd string safety to both Tray & Rudy. had a good Spring.

I hate to take this down a potential rabbit hole, but I've heard very little about Nick Ruffin lately. Anyone know what to expect from him this year?

2nd string safety to both Tray & Rudy. had a good Spring.

+1

• 2 months later...

https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1784374

Auburn made up some ground Sunday with Coconut Creek (Fla.) Rivals100 cornerback Trayvon Mullen.

Mullen moved Auburn into his top five after Sunday's visit.

Mullen, the No. 4 cornerback in 2016, visited Auburn and left with the Tigers among his favorites.

"They have always been in my top 10," Mullen said. "But they moved up a lot, probably in my top five now."

Mullen has several reasons Auburn moved up on his list, but none more important than the coaches.

"They already have great coaches," he said. "I really like the coaches and the way they develop their players. I like the way Auburn plays overall and I like the way they use their defensive backs."

Mullen, 6-foot-2 and 160 pounds, has developed a relationship with Auburn secondary coach Travaris Robinson. Mullen spent time Sunday meeting and speaking with Robinson.

"We have a great relationship. We are very tight," Mullen said. "We talk a lot, and we talk about everything besides football, just life stuff that could help me after football."

Mullen, ranked No. 75 in the Rivals100, is considering reuniting with Robinson in the fall. Auburn moved up on his list enough to be considered for an official visit.

"Now that I've seen the place a little more, I might come back for an official visit," he said.

Rivals.com ranks Mullen the No. 14 player in Florida in 2016.

Archived