Please help spread this around wherever you can.

Mods, I know that this is not football related, but if you could just give it a couple of days in the football forum, I'd be very grateful.

Auburn Family,

About a year ago, my mom started tutoring a woman in her 30's who had been dealt an incredibly tough hand in life. She had an incredibly rough childhood, and (sparing the details), she never got an education. She made a lot of mistakes, and now has 4 children from 3 different men, none of which are in the picture. One day, she decided to start going to church, and she began turning her life around. This is where my mom came in.

Natasha, the woman, decided that the best way for her to turn her life around and start making a better life for her and her kids was for her to get an education. She utilized a program at our church to get tutoring from volunteers, in this case my mom. When she first started going to these tutoring sessions, she was unable to do something seemingly as simple as fractions. After much hard work and long hours spent tutoring, Natasha earned her GED this past year.

Since then, she has decided that she would like to become a Nurse. She has moved her family out of East Knoxville (notoriously the "bad" part of town) to West Knoxville, and has enrolled in and spent two semesters at a Community College near Knoxville, paying for it using a Pell Grant. So far, she has earned a 3.3 GPA through two semesters of prerequisite classes. However, limitations of the Pell Grant mean that she does not have the funding to attend summer classes, which will delay her getting her degree by a year.

This is where you come in. She has started a funding campaign on GoFundMe and is asking for $1,000, but I am worried that this will not get the exposure that she deserves. If you would, share this with as many people as you would like, and/or go donate and help Natasha out, I would be extremely grateful. Again, this is a woman who has decided that she needed to turn her life around and who is being proactive in trying to make a difference with her life and her kids lives.

Thank you!

Archived