CAP proving doubters wrong

bootskii

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/artis-payne-leaves-strong-impression-after-rookie-minicamp-051015

I know it's only rookie camp but it seems our former RB is turning heads. Nice little article here stating that CAP's evaluation might have been a little off. I think playing with such a versatile QB as Cam could really open up the Panthers running game where CAP could shine.

Not surprised. He was much better than most gave him credit for last year. His success was written off as a product of an offensive scheme. Fact is that the offensive scheme was allowed to be what it was because of his reliability. I am expecting him to do well in the NFL.

Cam needs a pass receiving RB....and some blocking....hope CAP is able to fill both roles.

With Jameis coming to Tampa, I may just have to trade what little NFL watching time I have ;)

Way to go CAP - show those boys what Running Back U is all about!

Awesome. What rbs are on roster?

Can't recall the names other than Williams but I do recall that for the past several seasons the Panthers have had about $20Million worth of injured RBs on the roster and most weeks could not have even 2 of them ready to play. Jonathan Steward from Oregon was leading rusher and Williams was a highly paid back-up, both pretty good when healthy but injury-prone and mostly did not play more than a few consecutive games at any given time...which is why Cam often led the team in rushing.

I am sure the Panthers want and need CAP to be able to make a good transition to the NFL. NFL backs take a real pounding. I recall him being pretty sturdy, not subject to injuries and that could mean a lot.

Great for him. I'll be the first to say I was never blown away by CAP during his time at AU. I hope he proves me wrong and is a productive player at the next level.

Great for him. I'll be the first to say I was never blown away by CAP during his time at AU. I hope he proves me wrong and is a productive player at the next level.

He was the leading rusher in the SEC.

CAP also has some decent hands that could be occasionally utilized in the passing game, giving Cam a receiving option out of the backfield.

Although he only played one full season, mixed in with some occasional action in '13, I think he's fairly durable also. Never heard much about him on the injury front.

IMO, the Panthers got CAP at a discount. Hope he shines in Charlotte.

Awesome. What rbs are on roster?

Can't recall the names other than Williams but I do recall that for the past several seasons the Panthers have had about $20Million worth of injured RBs on the roster and most weeks could not have even 2 of them ready to play. Jonathan Steward from Oregon was leading rusher and Williams was a highly paid back-up, both pretty good when healthy but injury-prone and mostly did not play more than a few consecutive games at any given time...which is why Cam often led the team in rushing.

I am sure the Panthers want and need CAP to be able to make a good transition to the NFL. NFL backs take a real pounding. I recall him being pretty sturdy, not subject to injuries and that could mean a lot.

Williams is gone, they do have Todman and Fuzzy Whitaker, so a great opportunity for Cap with Stewarts injury.

That scouting report describes exactly what CAP showed on the field while at Auburn. I'm surprised he stayed under the radar, especially after Mason had so much success at St. Louis. He might not ever put up video game numbers in the NFL, but he is poised to have a nice, long career if he stays healthy and protects the football.

He was the leading rusher in the SEC.

Sorry, but thats just not good enough.

(lol)

CAP improved during last year and made the adjustments to go from good to great. He seems to be doing the same in the NFL. Go CAP Go!

Archived