Kamryn Melton

RunInRed

You will always be an Auburn Man, it is something you become once being there, it never leaves you, you live it as long as you want. Best of luck

I love the way he signed off with that Tweet...extremely classy, extremely gracious. Be blessed, Kam Melton.

Meanwhile, we get ever-thinner in the defensive backfield.

I love the way he signed off with that Tweet...extremely classy, extremely gracious. Be blessed, Kam Melton.

Meanwhile, we get ever-thinner in the defensive backfield.

agree

Very classy how he handled the announcement. However, i'll be praying very hard for our secondary this year. Geesh we're paper thin in the secondary. Seems like he would've seen some decent playing time this year because we are so thin.

He is the 14th player with eligibility remaining to leave since August 1st. Average attrition runs from 8 to 11 per year, so we're ahead of schedule. Right now, when the school term ends and guys didn't move up the depth chart is when there are normally a few more transfers, but now we're getting pretty thin. I hope this is the end of it for the year.

Certainly understand attrition and the numbers but i sure hope no more guys leave at the DB position...heck on defense period.

He is the 14th player with eligibility remaining to leave since August 1st. Average attrition runs from 8 to 11 per year, so we're ahead of schedule.

My goodness - not good

I look at this as he may have gotten some news he's not the best fit in the scheme, etc. We've got guys coming in that I think will be able to contribute early. Now it just means they HAVE to contribute early. Muschamp's known to play freshmen if they can play. Maybe the guys coming in have shown they can just flat out PLAY and so he's letting Melton do what he can?

I look at this as he may have gotten some news he's not the best fit in the scheme, etc. We've got guys coming in that I think will be able to contribute early. Now it just means they HAVE to contribute early. Muschamp's known to play freshmen if they can play. Maybe the guys coming in have shown they can just flat out PLAY and so he's letting Melton do what he can?

This sounds like the evil term >>> Processing <<<< to me.

This sounds like the evil term >>> Processing <<<< to me.

There's been plenty of it at Auburn this offseason. Not an ideal side of the business but no big program is above it.

I hope he lands at a place where he can play, earn a degree he will be proud of, and be happy.

Guys like this transfer because they believe they will have more playing opportunities elsewhere, whether they come to that decision on their own, or at the advice of a coach. If they come to that decision on their own, they still have to speak to their coaches to get released. If the coaches see the potential transfer as a big loss, they will no doubt try to convince the player to stay.

Even though we are thin at DB, Melton did not think that lack of depth would increase his playing opportunity. My guess is the coaching staff concurred.

Guys like this transfer because they believe they will have more playing opportunities elsewhere, whether they come to that decision on their own, or at the advice of a coach. If they come to that decision on their own, they still have to speak to their coaches to get released. If the coaches see the potential transfer as a big loss, they will no doubt try to convince the player to stay.

Even though we are thin at DB, Melton did not think that lack of depth would increase his playing opportunity. My guess is the coaching staff concurred.

i don't recall his name ever coming up as a potential mover up the depth chart or even hearing his name at all actually. I think this is possibly a football playing time move. We are thin but i'm not sure this move even matters.

Difference he is not being told to go due to some mysterious injury and then all of a sudden be healthy when he arrives at his new school. I just think it was a personnel decision where KM saw better opportunities else where - just not a good fit for the defense...

Difference he is not being told to go due to some mysterious injury and then all of a sudden be healthy when he arrives at his new school. I just think it was a personnel decision where KM saw better opportunities else where - just not a good fit for the defense...

lol ~ ok Poet, whatever you say. We've had 15 (FIFTEEN) guys make personal decisions to leave AU since August 1st - they just saw better opportunities elsewhere. Freaking 15!

Archived