So many DB leaving Auburn

bikeriderga

I imagine there isn't one single reason for why each player choose to leave but a bunch of reasons based on individual considerations. That said, I think playing time is definitely a factor as well as I imagine the work routine may be a bit more challenging under the Boom regime. But what do I know. I'm just another ignorant fan that loves to pretend he knows stuff.

Yawn none of them played besides Moncrieg still have nine corners,threee safties can play corner

True but it would've been nice to have the bodies. As widely known we're already thin at the secondary spot. I know it's the nature of the beast but it just hits us pretty hard considering it's more than 1 player at a specific position. I don't think the staff is running any players away. I just hope we're able to stay healthy and the incoming freshmen catch on pretty quickly and will get the chance to contribute.

Seems to me Boom is making room for the future. It may leave us less than solid this season. Sort of reminds me of what the Atlana Braves are doing.. hate to see it but DM was a bit of a disappointment. Better DBs are on the way.

You don't make room for the future in May....3 months AFTER signing day......

Yes you do.

Nope. Players may leave due to realizing they aren't going to play this year, but you do not run out guys in May unless they are causing trouble

And you know that we were running guys out of the program?

That's my thinking. I haven't seen a single player comment negatively towards AU or the coaches. Seems like it's more their decision for playing time, etc.

I know they're not running players out. So the fact that people actually think we are is flabbergasting. Players have no reason to sugar coat things once announcing they're transferring from Auburn. So when reporters ask the questions, they can say what they want. None have commented negatively on the coaches, team, or school.

None of the dozens of uat players comment negatively on the uat coaches after they get processed, probably because they don't want to burn the bridge they are crossing to get to the next school.

Every player has a unique set of circumstances. Player Talent level and Auburn's defensive needs may not be a match. The one constant....coaching style an philosophy has significantly changed from the previous staff. The staff needs to make sure that all situations are handled with class and integrity, and the Auburn family needs to ensure that happens. Auburn values also extend to the football field.

The latest is Derrick Moncrief. This the 5th person leaving the Auburn backfield, which is already thin.

Moncrief wasn't going to play in the backfield.

Yep. He is a Steven Davis Jr type player who is a tweener in CWN scheme. He and Melton are moving on in hopes of finding playing time at another school. Moncrief as abused last year at safety if you people don't remember. Nothing more, nothing less.

The latest is Derrick Moncrief. This the 5th person leaving the Auburn backfield, which is already thin.

Moncrief wasn't going to play in the backfield.

Yep. He is a Steven Davis Jr type player who is a tweener in CWN scheme. He and Melton are moving on in hopes of finding playing time at another school. Moncrief as abused last year at safety if you people don't remember. Nothing more, nothing less.

Can you give me a little insight as to SDJr being a tweener? Is it based on body type, ability, mental attitude? I thought Moncrief would have been a monster in any system. What were his short comings?

DBs who were recruited to play the "Star" position in Coach Ellis' defense may have a hard time seeing the field in Coach Muschamps defense.

I understand attrition is normal, especially those who want playing time, but this is getting somewhat alarming.

Are there some coaching issues, or simply players wanting to play?

Players wanting to play & none of them who left weren't going to play anyway barring injury. Boom wants man cover & physical DBs. CEJ recruited zone coverage DBs. It usually takes a couple of years to make the scheme switch fit the talent but looks like Boom is trying to accelerate that.

DBs who were recruited to play the "Star" position in Coach Ellis' defense may have a hard time seeing the field in Coach Muschamps defense.

DING! DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! CEJ wanted Stars in his system to have more CB zone skills & not necessarily be physical. Boom wants his Nickels to be man up physical guys that have a hard hitting safety mentality.

I thought Moncrief would have been a monster in any system. What were his short comings?

He has a LB frame w/ a free safety mindset since that's what he played his whole life growing up. Since he went to my alma mater I watched his entire high school career. For all intents & purposes he was a football Free Safety centerfielder. He never showed much consistent physicality nor was asked to do much 1 on 1 coverage. I just don't think he had or still has the mindset to be physical. Based on what I know on DM I was surprised he was ever moved to LB in the 1st place.

DING! DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! CEJ wanted Stars in his system to have more CB zone skills & not necessarily be physical. Boom wants his Nickels to be man up physical guys that have a hard hitting safety mentality.

I thought Moncrief would have been a monster in any system. What were his short comings?

He has a LB frame w/ a free safety mindset since that's what he played his whole life growing up. Since he went to my alma mater I watched his entire high school career. For all intents & purposes he was a football Free Safety centerfielder. He never showed much consistent physicality nor was asked to do much 1 on 1 coverage. I just don't think he had or still has the mindset to be physical. Based on what I know on DM I was surprised he was ever moved to LB in the 1st place.
Thank you, E!

Seems to me Boom is making room for the future. It may leave us less than solid this season. Sort of reminds me of what the Atlana Braves are doing.. hate to see it but DM was a bit of a disappointment. Better DBs are on the way.

You don't make room for the future in May....3 months AFTER signing day......

Yes you do.

Amen to that! (Making room starts when BOOM says it starts)

I propose a modification to the thread title to add the following:

........" and so many DBs are arriving." ;D

like the Countess guy form UM!!

Archived