So many DB leaving Auburn

bikeriderga

I understand attrition is normal, especially those who want playing time, but this is getting somewhat alarming.

The latest is Derrick Moncrief. This the 5th person leaving the Auburn backfield, which is already thin.

Are there some coaching issues, or simply players wanting to play?

or maybe CBOOM asking them to step up their game.

CEJ never hid his candid opinion that we didnt have any real talent at DB.

Well that's the point in DM leaving, he's not a secondary player and that's why he is leaving

"Twelve players have left Auburn since the end of the 2014 season"

http://www.al.com/au...tml#incart_2box

15 that were eligible to play this season have now left since August 1st, 2014. One left in the middle of last season so he's missing two somewhere. I have a list, but I see al.com didn't post a list.

Seems to me Boom is making room for the future. It may leave us less than solid this season. Sort of reminds me of what the Atlana Braves are doing.. hate to see it but DM was a bit of a disappointment. Better DBs are on the way.

Seems to me Boom is making room for the future. It may leave us less than solid this season. Sort of reminds me of what the Atlana Braves are doing.. hate to see it but DM was a bit of a disappointment. Better DBs are on the way.

You don't make room for the future in May....3 months AFTER signing day......

Yes you do.

it serves no purpose to run them out now when we cant replace them till next year or later. it only benefits the player so he can sit a year after his transfer rather than sit here and lose another year of eligibility. still the fact remains that as bad as our secondary or entire defense has been they couldnt get on the field.

it serves no purpose to run them out now when we cant replace them till next year or later. it only benefits the player so he can sit a year after his transfer rather than sit here and lose another year of eligibility. still the fact remains that as bad as our secondary or entire defense has been they couldnt get on the field.

Being honest with a player isn't forcing them out. They choose to move when it's best for them to do so.

Yes you do.

Nope. Players may leave due to realizing they aren't going to play this year, but you do not run out guys in May unless they are causing trouble

If you think they may not show effort, or if they might have a bad attitude...

5 returning lettermen at CB plus 2 Freshmen?

Yeah, we've been losing alot of guys on the back end of the defense. Matthews and Ford can be a good duo but not much experience and depth otherwise.

Definitely will need Josh Holsey and Jonathon Jones's leadership back there..

Only 1 of the 3 was able to make any contribution on the field last year. That one thinks he should play safety but the coaches don't agree. He couldn't solidify himself when the starting safety was suspended last year. You've really lost nothing in the secondary, maybe at LB in the 1 case, but not the secondary.

Boom and TRob know what kind of talent we have in the RFresh already here and the TrFresh coming in at the end of month. They aren't going to let players less talented hold these Freshmen back. It's best for all concerned to have frank discussions with any effected players already here.

By so many leaving since last season, maybe we'll be able to sign more then 25 on signing day.

It doesn't matter if they ALL leave, we still can sign only one early enrollment countback guy plus the 25. Players leaving don't directly affect annual limits.

Yes you do.

Nope. Players may leave due to realizing they aren't going to play this year, but you do not run out guys in May unless they are causing trouble

And you know that we were running guys out of the program?

Yes you do.

That's my thinking. I haven't seen a single player comment negatively towards AU or the coaches. Seems like it's more their decision for playing time, etc.

Yes you do.

That's my thinking. I haven't seen a single player comment negatively towards AU or the coaches. Seems like it's more their decision for playing time, etc.

I know they're not running players out. So the fact that people actually think we are is flabbergasting. Players have no reason to sugar coat things once announcing they're transferring from Auburn. So when reporters ask the questions, they can say what they want. None have commented negatively on the coaches, team, or school.

Yes you do.

I know they're not running players out. So the fact that people actually think we are is flabbergasting. Players have no reason to sugar coat things once announcing they're transferring from Auburn. So when reporters ask the questions, they can say what they want. None have commented negatively on the coaches, team, or school.

I would think that speaking negatively (whether you have a gripe or not) would not bode well for anyone looking to transfer to another school.

It's kinda like talking bad about your current (or an old) boss when you are on a job interview. Big no, no in the business world. Same applies here.

Right Shift. I'm sure each of the guys are told to stay positive if they want help in finding another school. They may talk negative once they enroll at their next stop, but hopefully they will take the high road.

Yes you do.

The point of all the quoted text was in response to Jasonsdad saying Boom is making room for the future. No other way to take that.

Also, you do realize that I was saying you DONT run guys off in May, RIGHT? My goodness

The latest is Derrick Moncrief. This the 5th person leaving the Auburn backfield, which is already thin.

Moncrief wasn't going to play in the backfield.

it's no different than what happens at any of the other power schools. you arent a fit for the system. so in order to make room for someone that may be a better fit, you see the end of the bench which is the message that you should look elsewhere if you want to get some playing time. Especially if that guy is an upperclassman. it is what it is.

Archived