The Amazins'

hutchids

I saw a video on here before last year started that was a short web documentary (like 15 minutes) of the 1972 season. It was ausome! I favorited the link and when I went back to watch it today the site was down today. No bueno, I know. I was wondering if anyone had a link to a different site that had it?

Btw, here is a link to the 7 greatest nickname games in sec history that got me wanting to watch that doc again. 3 auburn wins on the list. War Eagle! http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/secs-greatest-nickname-games-league-history/

the 7 greatest nickname games in sec history

Thoroughly enjoyed watching all of those clips.

A little side story Randy Walls,QB, was one of the better golfers I ever played with. Randy could have been a pro if he wanted to.

I was there for every game, including the two blocked punts that beat Alabama. They only had about 4 first downs that day but they found a way to win. Those guys really truly were amazing. I just wish we had a guy like David Langner on our team now. Someone needs to put a little intimidation back in our defense.

All the way to B'ham I bitched about our end zone seats. Then everything worth seeing in the entire game happened right in my lap! It was only AU folks in the bars around Birmingham the night of December 2, 1972. The bamzos were all home beating their spouses and kicking their dogs. :)

I saw a video on here before last year started that was a short web documentary (like 15 minutes) of the 1972 season. It was ausome! I favorited the link and when I went back to watch it today the site was down today. No bueno, I know. I was wondering if anyone had a link to a different site that had it?

Btw, here is a link to the 7 greatest nickname games in sec history that got me wanting to watch that doc again. 3 auburn wins on the list. War Eagle! http://www.saturdayd...league-history/

Loved the 3 Auburn clips. But now, with 3+ months before the start of football season, I'm ready to run through a brick wall I'm so fired up. I guess sticking a few more pins in my Nick Saban doll will have to suffice for now.

Here you go. I post it once every year.

Golf, thanks for posting. I got to see the Gator Bowl that year. I was sitll in the Marine Corps at the time stationed at Beaufort, SC and Jacksonville was just a short drive so I took advantage of the situation. It was quite a game and quite an experience. You have a PM about it.

A little side story Randy Walls,QB, was one of the better golfers I ever played with. Randy could have been a pro if he wanted to.

Those were the days. Niblick, Spoon, Mashie, and your balls were made out of feathers.

Those were the days. Niblick, Spoon, Mashie, and your balls were made out of feathers.

No numnuts Power Bilt woods was the rage and none of my balls were/are made of feathers. At least that I know of.

Ok on a tangent but since someone posted the link to the nickname games. I still believe I saw "Punt Bama Punt" game on TV. Someone told me it was not televised. The scenes from the video clip look like tv footage to me.

Ok on a tangent but since someone posted the link to the nickname games. I still believe I saw "Punt Bama Punt" game on TV. Someone told me it was not televised. The scenes from the video clip look like tv footage to me.

It was not televised. It was filmed. All games were filmed and the highlights played on the Shug Jordan show the next day.

The story of Randy Walls after football is one of tragedy and triumph. He's a great guy, whose body took a beating during his days on the gridiron, particularly his knees. Joint reconstruction in 1972 wasn't exactly what it is today, and has the scars to prove it. After years and years of debilitating pain and misery, Randy is still walking tall, still kind and gracious to everyone he meets, loves his family, and loves Auburn. True Auburn Man and an unsung hero of Auburn football lore. War Eagle, Randy!

Ok on a tangent but since someone posted the link to the nickname games. I still believe I saw "Punt Bama Punt" game on TV. Someome told me it was not televised. The scenes from the video clip look like tv footage to me.

It was not televised. It was filmed. All games were filmed and the highlights played on the Shug Jordan show the next day.

Also on the Bear Bryant Show. My Dad liked to watch that show, and one of my fondest memories was watching the Bear Bryant Show the day after the Punt Bama Punt game. The show's host (Charlie) opened with, "Good afternoon Crimson Tide fa--" and before he could finish the word fans, Bryant thunders "WHAT'S GOOD ABOUT IT?" ... ... Total silence as Charlie was taken aback & didn't know what to do. Then Bear came to his senses and started apologizing profusely -- "I'm sorry, I'm sorry Charlie. Please ... please continue." My Dad & I fell out of our chairs laughing. I've never been to the Bryant Museum but I'm willing to bet that footage of his show isn't included in their collection. Pity.

The punt bama punt game was my first game as an Auburn freshman. I can still remember how surreal the second blocked punt was. In the days before instant replay it didn't really seem like it was really happening. I have been to all of the Bama games since then and it will always be one of my favorites!!! I do think Kick Six has surpassed it though! War Eagle!

The Amazins will always be my favorite Auburn squad of all time. After losing Sully & Beasley to graduation, the '72 team was not given any chance at all to be good. They had very few, if any star players but the guys they had knew what it took to win and win they did!

It truly is GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER! :wareagle:

• 4 weeks later...

the ole miss- miss st one is ridiculous. Didn't believe it till I saw it.

Iron bowl has two moments. Makes since as it is the best southern rivalry bar none

The Amazins will always be my favorite Auburn squad of all time. After losing Sully & Beasley to graduation, the '72 team was not given any chance at all to be good. They had very few, if any star players but the guys they had knew what it took to win and win they did!

It truly is GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER! :wareagle:/>

Yes Sir! Never a doubt. My best friend's parents had to call a woman who left her purse at the game! A bama fan, of course. She was in shock. They laughed about it till the day they died.

Archived