Big Cat Weekend (May 30th) thread

ellitor

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see J. Rochester didn't make the list. Not good.

He hasn't decided yet. The others have said recently they will likely be there.

I see J. Rochester didn't make the list. Not good.

He hasn't decided yet. The others have said recently they will likely be there.

Thanks Ellitor and Clayton. Glad you guys still think there's a chance he'll show.

So you're saying there's a chance?

Glad you guys still think there's a chance he'll show.

I never said there's a chance. Just relaying what has been reported that he hasn't decided yet if he will be at BCW. He's All Dawg for the most part.

I have personally conceded Julian at this point. He is dead to me!! >:(

Don't tell me how awesome I am, and then go hang out with my sworn enemy!!

Of course, I'd consider listening if he apologizes, and Tweets "I am committed to uga...SIKE!!"

So are we just not recruiting Jeremiah Moon?!

Not really. Apparently Boom likes other LBs more.

I apologize in advance as I have asked before but I can't remember in which thread---is big cat weekend currently going on or when is it?

I apologize in advance as I have asked before but I can't remember in which thread---is big cat weekend currently going on or when is it?

It's technically Saturday May 30th but some recruits will be in for 2 or 3 days.

Added to thread title.

It's technically Saturday May 30th but some recruits will be in for 2 or 3 days.

Added to thread title.

thank you

It has now been confirmed by Auburn sources that instate 5*'s Davis, Davidson, and Mack plan to go to LSU this weekend instead of BCW. My mind is blown on how our staff let this happen...

It has now been confirmed by Auburn sources that instate 5*'s Davis, Davidson, and Mack plan to go to LSU this weekend instead of BCW. My mind is blown on how our staff let this happen...

You can believe this or not but word is the staff ain't sweating it cuz they all have been to AU many times so they aren't needed to be there. Plus it gives them more time to give other recruits the royal treatment. Also the staff still feels good about Davidson.

From everything I've gathered Davis is the only 1 of the 3 heavily interested in LSU. Looks like the other 2 just want to get out to see new places. I can't fault them for that.

It's not something the staff can "let happen" or not. Recruiting is sales and the best car salesman in the world can't stop a potential buyer from going to check out a competing make and model.

I don't like it, I'd prefer that every one of them was in love with AU, committed last year and will never take another visit. That's not real life.

It's not something the staff can "let happen" or not. Recruiting is sales and the best car salesman in the world can't stop a potential buyer from going to check out a competing make and model.

I don't like it, I'd prefer that every one of them was in love with AU, committed last year and will never take another visit. That's not real life.

Big Cat Weekend is nationally recognized as Auburn biggest recruiting weekend. These kids in the state have heard about this for years. This should be something that in-state kids (if they are at ALL interested in Auburn) look forward to & plan for every year. It should be a HUGE event. To not get the 3 biggest recruits in the state to come to this event is incredibly alarming. What's even more alarming is when Auburn fans blow this off. This should be our Friday Night Lights. This should be a Who's Who of recruiting weekends. I would somewhat understand if Alabama had something planned the same weekend, but LSU?!?

Big Cat Weekend is nationally recognized as Auburn biggest recruiting weekend. These kids in the state have heard about this for years. This should be something that in-state kids (if they are at ALL interested in Auburn) look forward to & plan for every year. It should be a HUGE event. To not get the 3 biggest recruits in the state to come to this event is incredibly alarming. What's even more alarming is when Auburn fans blow this off. This should be our Friday Night Lights. This should be a Who's Who of recruiting weekends. I would somewhat understand if Alabama had something planned the same weekend, but LSU?!?

I seem to remember us having a weekend not called Big Cat Weekend a long time after. This was in the last cycle where we had plenty of high profile guys come to Auburn on some random weekend. Byron Cowart was there along with a plethora of other guys. Big Cat Weekend is a big deal of course but that doesn't mean we can't have another weekend where top talent comes in. I believe we have a very good chance with Davis.

I seem to remember us having a weekend not called Big Cat Weekend a long time after. This was in the last cycle where we had plenty of high profile guys come to Auburn on some random weekend. Byron Cowart was there along with a plethora of other guys. Big Cat Weekend is a big deal of course but that doesn't mean we can't have another weekend where top talent comes in. I believe we have a very good chance with Davis.

That wasn't some random weekend. That was a weekend about three weeks before NSD and all were on an OV. The coaches really rolled out the red carpet for that one particular visit. Also, I would be shocked if we pulled in Davis. He is a bammer legacy and all signs are pointing to Bama.

That wasn't some random weekend. That was a weekend about three weeks before NSD and all were on an OV. The coaches really rolled out the red carpet for that one particular visit. Also, I would be shocked if we pulled in Davis. He is a bammer legacy and all signs are pointing to Bama.

Thanks for the correction man! There's a good chance of Davis coming to Auburn. You can believe what you want. But that's what I've heard.

Totally agree ^^

Lswho, ugaw, and uat are our biggest thorns in recruiting. I see nothing happening with the turds, but a bad season by either lswho or ugaw or both is entirely possible. I know that we don't like to think that our coaches would negatively recruit against those schools if there is any inkling that the masses and ptb's are not happy with the coaching staffs, but reality is reality. If either school or both has a bad year, the fan base is going to be upset and how far that leads we can only guess. With all that being said, AU may not be in that bad a spot come December.

LSU has had their event the same day as BCW for a few years. The 3 have been to AU a bunch, especially Marlon so they aren't needed there even though it would be nice for them to be. They want to look at something besides AU & Bama all the time. No hault w/ them wanting to do that.

He is a legacy but actual signs are not pointing anywhere yet. He seems to be truly open.

Archived