Michigan CB Blake Countess transferring to AU!

Maverick.AU

blakecountess_transfer15.jpg

@JLeeAU21: Former Michigan DB Blake Countess, 5th-year senior, is transferring & looking at AU

@JLeeAU21: UPDATE: Blake Countess will visit Auburn "sometime next week", according to a text message from Countess. Specific date will be set tomorrow

Update (5/26): @TheeCount2: Excited to attack the next chapter in my life! #WarEagle #BoomEra https://t.co/Uh15y0C7jS

@JLeeAU21: Michigan DB Blake Countess transferring to Auburn: "When you know, you know. Should be on campus later this week" @TheeCount2

The fifth-year graduate transfer appeared in 38 games and made 30 starts for the Wolverines during his career. He suffered an ACL injury in the season opener against Alabama in 2012.

He had 24 tackles and three pass breakups in 2014. He picked off six passes and was a first-team All-Big Ten selection by the media in 2013.

• 2nd team BIG 10 performer in 2013
  • He is a graduate Senior eligible to play immediately.
  • Chose AU over Arizona, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, among others.
  • He provides immediate depth @ CB for AU.
  • He was a 4* #10 CB in the nation out of high school.

247Sports Profile

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two-player, a camp trade offer still pending...

Derrick Moncrief to Michigan

Blake Countess and Harbaugh's Satellite Camp (Prattville) to Auburn

He has one year to play one.

This would be a pretty big get for Auburn given the numbers at DB. Countess has a ton of experience at a position where experience is more transferable than DL, LB, or even S. He would immediately be squarely in the 2-deep, if not challenge for a starting CB position.

Lyons transferred from Stanford to Michigan may be a reason for countess transferring. Lyons DEFINITELY will be starting at Michigan

Arizona football seems to be one of his interest. I seen an article from Arizona saying their biggest competition to land him is auburn. Could use the depth bad.

Arizona football seems to be one of his interest. I seen an article from Arizona saying their biggest competition to land him is auburn. Could use the depth bad.

rodriguez did recruit him to michigan, makes some sense

Lyons transferred from Stanford to Michigan may be a reason for countess transferring. Lyons DEFINITELY will be starting at Michigan

Really wish that we could have landed Lyons instead of Countess. We need the safety depth more than CB depth. But I would definitely take this kid. Especially being a 2nd team BIG 10 DB in 2013.

This is the here and now of college football. No more loyalty left for a lot of players (not bashing, just stating) once they graduate.

This is the here and now of college football. No more loyalty left for a lot of players (not bashing, just stating) once they graduate.

personally, i think if they graduate and have eligibility left that the player has earned the right to do what they want.

Really wish that we could have landed Lyons instead of Countess. We need the safety depth more than CB depth. But I would definitely take this kid. Especially being a 2nd team BIG 10 DB in 2013.

I think Lyons actually played corner, I'm not sure but apparently Harbaugh was really high on his man to man cover skills

personally, i think if they graduate and have eligibility left that the player has earned the right to do what they want.

... especially once the (head-) coach who recruited a kid is let go.

Loyalty is a two way street and these days not near as cherished as it's preached.

He is a graduate Senior eligible to play immediately.

Auburn is in the mix.

He was All Big Ten honorable mention last season so he would provide immediate depth @ CB if he were to choose AU.

He was a 4* #10 CB in the nation out of high school

Jeffrey Lee @JLeeAU21 · 15h15 hours ago

UPDATE: Blake Countess will visit Auburn "sometime next week", according to a text message from Countess. Specific date will be set tomorrow

Archived