We Are The Force!

RunInRed

Interesting, I'm not personally a Star Wars guy but didn't expect the negative reaction.

The first half of your comment somewhat explains the second half.

I'm not sure what your other interests are besides Auburn football, but let's just say for kicks that you're really into craft beer. Now picture a Tshirt that has "Auburn Football" and an overlaid AU symbol on one side and "Craft Beer" with a picture of a beer mug on the other side. That's what the Vader shirt is. "I have multiple, unrelated interests." Uh, cool? The other shirt is a little harder for me to come up with a simply analogy for, but it doesn't make much sense canonically and is just kinda dumb. It's probably an extra bummer for us Star Wars fans because they could have made it really, really cool. Boba Fett in an O&B suit? Aubie with a Wookie bandolier on? Gus flying an X-Wing fighter? E:IV Leia in an AU cheerleader uniform (or just E:VI Leia doing anything)? Lots of better ideas than that. Maybe Disney doesn't want their newly-purchased IP sullied by that of other entities, but why bother if it's going to suck (and somebody probably had to pay a fortune for it)?

I haven't watched the video yet, btw. Maybe I'll enjoy that when I get to.

Interesting, I'm not personally a Star Wars guy but didn't expect the negative reaction.

I haven't watched the video yet, btw. Maybe I'll enjoy that when I get to.

Dude...you HAVE to watch the video.

Not impressed. Trying too hard to sell some Tshirts comes to mind. We're the good guys? Nope, can't be, there's a Darth Vader shirt. OK, so we're the bad guys? Nope, there's a Yoda shirt.

Not impressed. Trying too hard to sell some Tshirts comes to mind. We're the good guys? Nope, can't be, there's a Darth Vader shirt. OK, so we're the bad guys? Nope, there's a Yoda shirt.

We don't discriminate. :)

Lol this is.......... interesting? I don't think this is a good fit. Not sure how well this will go over.

I have a bad feeling about this

My wife is a HUGE Star Wars fan, so I thought she might want one of these. She took one look and said......Yoda would NEVER say "We Are The Force", it should be "The Force We Are". Then she googled around at the other school's Star Wars shirts. There are some really cool ones out there, sadly though, Auburn's is not one of them. She is thinking about ordering an Oregon one and she isn't an Oregon fan.

Wonder what it is about this site that attracks all these tweeb nerds.

What's a tweeb?

Tweeb

a name for someone that is constantly using technology in the everyday life, such as never leaving without the iPhone, iPod,cells, etc. Constantly using them no matter what time of day, or with any person around them, mainly saying the person is majority living life with a s*** load of technology.

This, maybe? I'm not really sure what that has to do with this topic though.

The star wars franchise was ruined long ago. This marketing ploy mildly disgusts me on more than one level.

Passé, a miss, or better in houndstooth :blink: ?

The reason for the negative reaction is that fans of Star Wars would want the shirts to be, in some way, contextually accurate as it relates to the movies. A similar situation might be when an Auburn fan reacts negatively to someone calling us the 'War Eagles'. That's just not correct. The poster that said "these are not the Star Wars Auburn shirts that you are looking for" is obviously a Star Wars fan and other fans of the movies thought this was quite funny and clever. Non-Star Wars fans probably missed that it was a joke.

This was a nice idea, but the implementation was poor in terms of appealing to the fans that it was directed at.

I like the Yoda shirt. If someone could come up with a cool saying that sounds like something that Yoda would say, it would be perfect.

I always thought Yoda wrote this one:

protect-this-house-i-will.png

Archived